Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Probably one of those things that could [uck fay] you either way.

2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They will try to talk Tennessee right out of the playoff over the next four weeks.

HCKevinSteele and Poppa T like this.
  3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Agreed, but I think it was Nessler that said late the other day that this loss would fade in the coming weeks if Tennessee finished strong. I tend to agree. At the end of the day, TN lost by 2 TD's @ UGA.... Oregon was blown out on a neutral site.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, Rece Davis is a bammer. I imagine he is feeling a little salty. Since his boys ain't going he will try to poison our well.

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

You miss wide open deep balls because you're seeing ghosts because you're getting pressured for the first time in at least a month if not more, you false start because the stadium is louder than you've ever experienced before, you don't attempt to field a punt because you're wary of not making a mistake and err on the side of caution in an environment that is juiced and momentum is not on your side. You're calling run plays on downs you wouldn't normally do because your line is shellshocked and you're trying to simultaneously get them in a rhythm and not continue to sacrifice yards.

I admit, I didn't watch much of the game but from what little I did see, Georgia set the tone from the kick and we never got a foothold in the game. There wasn't a team in the country that was beating that UGA team in that environment. It's a compliment that we got their attention like that, though. Now we have to finish out this season, which if we do, would still be an all time season and set us up very well in recruiting going forward. Because that is the final frontier. We get some big uglies on the OL and some freaks at RB and the defensive secondary, we can start to run with teams like UGA when they're juiced like that. We got a reminder that we're not at that level yet, and every young program needs that. Can we learn from it, or will it break us?

InVolNerable, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  6. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Talking doesn't matter. They talked for three weeks about how powerful our offense was. They talked us into eating the rat poison. We need to finish our season strong, fix our issues, and whatever happens, happens.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  7. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I’d also say waiting to snap until the very end of the play clock, making it very easy to jump.

IP likes this.
  8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Atlanta Sports talk radio - For all y'all folks thinking that UGA gave you the playbook for beating Tennessee; sorry, y'all don't have the athletes that UGA has and Tennessee will just be getting more talented and athletic.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

UGA guy I watch that breaks down film (I find it very interesting) said "Playbook is to have 5* athletes" and "There are zero other teams in America that can do what UGA did".

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I want to see us play again on a neutral field. I want to see what adjustments our Coaching Staff makes.

11. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

And yet some national media people want to put oregon ahead of us.

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is more a reflection on them than us. They are just showing their bias.

justingroves likes this.
  13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Recentcy bias. Oregon is the hot new thing now.

Better or worse this committee doesn't let media influence them.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I really would like someone to answer what good win a PAC 12 team has. Just one. They had their shot to prove themselves on a national scale and all failed. Why should anyone be impressed because 3-4 teams are beating up on the dregs of a mediocre conference?

A-Smith and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  15. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

Simple question should also be what would Oregon be with our schedule? I'm guessing at least 2 losses.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

How many times did a UGA LB hit the line with a full head of steam at the snap? Felt like a lot.

tvolsfan likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Look at Bo Nix's record at Auburn, that tells you what you need to know

18. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

And a hostile crowd. The team and even the staff have never played in an environment like that as the enemy.

And while this team has been very resilient responding to pressure to this point (OT vs Pitt, late game vs Florida, Alabama) this is the first real "big boy stage" game they've played. It was clearly too much.

UGA will still have 5* players but if we meet them again this year they won't have IMO the 2 larger factors in their favor. Remember, it took this UGA team like 5 years to get where they're at and even they got beatboxed by Bama in the SECCG last year.

19. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Georgia obviously, Bama, LSU. Pitt, Kentucky, and Florida would all be toss ups. I would say a minimum of 4 losses.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Washington drubbing a top 15 Michigan State earned them a lot of respect. Turns out Michigan State sucked, but Washington was still top 15 when they in turn were beaten badly by UCLA, who was then top 15 when they got hammered by Oregon. It really came down to a signature win that aged terribly.

Hell, throw Washington State/Wisconsin and Oregon/BYU on the pile as well and make it three signature wins that aged horribly.

That said, the computer rankings have the top of the league pretty high as well, and they aren’t going off out-of-date poll momentum, so there is at least something there to suggest quality.