Georgia

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 29, 2022.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm not sure about that. It will depend on the QB.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's gotten better from year one to year two already.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think the center is just as important in keeping everything on track

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

InVolNerable and DC Vol like this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You just don't know how to read and comprehend what other people post.

Look at my post right above yours. "No one is saying crowd noise has no impact on pre-snap penalties." But crowd noise doesn't guarantee pre-snap penalties if guys are locked in. It certainly shouldn't be pointed to for SEVEN pre-snap penalties over the course of a game.

Pointing to "crowd noise" is an excuse. We don't have those penalties if guys lock in and don't allow outside factors to influence them. It's like if a guy false starts and we say "well, his girlfriend did break up with him a few hours before kickoff." Excuse. Lock the [uck fay] in.

6. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

The atmosphere was much rowdier than I expected. My ears were ringing several hours later.

That said, the crowd was completely deflated by UGA's early fumble. If we score a TD there, who knows how much they get back into it. Once they held us to a FG they were right back in.

The play calling seemed different the whole game. Felt like something was off but maybe that's because WRs weren't getting open and/or UGA getting pressure.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Small went out and Hyatt was injured. IMO those absolutely factored in. Smart mentioned 2 critical keys for them and that's our inside run game and our outside deep pass. IMO both were taken out by the 3rd drive due to injury and not specifically UGA's defense or pressure early.

Once we limited our offense due to the litany of factors and the rain came... so too did the sellout blitzes and that's when they got us. 5 of 6 sacks came on 2 drives in the rain.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hyatt came out because Tennessee went to two tight ends after his supposed injury. He was fine.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You mean it wasn't the loudest crowd in the history of the football universe on our first drive of the game, where we had not 1, but TWO false start penalties?

I don't believe it!

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Small is also a better receiver out of the backfield. Another downside of that injury.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

again, you can’t process. This team and Hooker have never been in an environment like that. Only a handful of teams will all year. And there’s nothing you can twist or post to argue

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

atlvol1, who, based on his post, was at the game, just said that the crowd was "completely deflated by UGA's early fumble."

We had 2 false starts on that opening drive.

If the crowd was completely deflated by UGA's early fumble, they weren't the loudest crowd in the history of the football universe on that drive. Yet we false started twice. It flies directly in the face of everything you've said. Just acknowledge it, stop making excuses, and move on.

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

-loudest crowd in history of the universe…
    Just stfu with your bullshit nobody said

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

IIRC he wrapped his ankle and I would imagine probably had treatment of some kind in the tent before coming back out.

Still had a good game but there is no way he rolled his foot like that and wasn't bothered at all... just not enough to risk reinjury or keep him out of the game. Kid's a fighter.

15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

upload_2022-11-9_12-13-58.png

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Playing mistake-free ball is actually very hard. Most teams shoot themselves in the foot a couple times a game.

A-Smith likes this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee tends to get two pre snap penalties and a hold on 2nd down of the second or third drive and then play nesr perfect

18. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Hooker was also good for a bad overthrow on the first or second series for about the entire first month of the season, plus Georgia.

A-Smith likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ban.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Ban.