Gilliam Out for the Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Sep 2, 2014.

1. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

@Vol_Football: JONES: (On Gilliam) I've spoken with him and our players still want him around. That's the mindset. They think about each other.

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Aside from feeling bad for the kid, dooley not recruiting any O-line comes to mind. I rarely use the word hate, but I hate that guy. My hate for him has hit bama status.

3. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Yep. Really sucks.

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I'm sure he can apply for a medical pass or whatever the hell it's called that I swear to god I can't think of right now.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Medical hardship.

6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Kerbyson to LT.

7. Tenacious D

Medical redshirt

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think he just tosses the word "hard" out there as much as possible.

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Zing!

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The Hardship Waiver – Not to be confused with the redshirt is the hardship waiver, which is commonly, but incorrectly, referred to as the medical redshirt. A “medical redshirt” does not exist.
    On occasion, a student-athlete may have competed and used up a year of eligibility, but because of an incapacitating injury/illness, they may be granted a hardship waiver and receive an additional year of eligibility. In order for this to happen, the following criteria must be satisfied:
    1) the injury/illness is a season-ending injury; 2) the injury/illness occurs prior to the completion of the first half of the season; and 3) the injury/illness occurs when the student-athlete has not participated in more than the greater of three contests/dates of competition or 30% of the team’s scheduled contests/dates of competition during the team’s traditional season. (Bylaw 14.2.4)
    Along with contemporaneous medical documentation, this injury/illness information is provided to the conference office, where the decision on granting/denying the additional year of eligibility is rendered.

The Difference – If a student-athlete competes, they will use a year of competition and not be eligible for a redshirt year. However, if they compete and subsequently suffer a season-ending injury/illness, they may be eligible to receive a hardship waiver.

Boom?

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Boom.

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Goes. The. Dynamite.

13. Tenacious D

I stand corrected.

14. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

In fairness I have used Medical Redshirt myself on multiple occasions. I just went to the VolDad School of Internet Research.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

JH pulling out all the stops.
    Tenny does = over-rated

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I just do what I do, Beech.

And yes Tenny is vastly overrated.

17. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Don't let him lie to you Beech. He yelled through the office that connects our rooms to ask me what it was called.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

And of course he didn't answer because his class was putting crime scene tape around him where he hasn't moved in the last couple hours.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He must be tenured!

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He is. Pro-union type, too.