Global Warming

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kptvol, Oct 12, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

[​IMG]

That's my shocked face.

2. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Honestly I think you've about lost it over this Trump stuff during the past few months.

3. JayVols

[​IMG]

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don't see this changing too much either way. Technology is still going to get more out of less energy and keep driving emissions down.

The new tractor I'm about to buy will still be Tier 4 and all of the other stuff isn't likely to roll back.

5. RockyHill

Shit, I don't think I'm the first person to basically say that to you on here.

6. JayVols

[​IMG]

7. RockyHill

Cool. Have a good one.

8. JayVols

Oh, I think we've gone past going back on some things, but not on others. Automakers have already appealed to having mpg standards lowered. I'm sure they'll eventually get that.

Stopping the drive to reduce oil dependency, a finite resource, is just puzzling to me. It's bad for national security. Renewables/green energy is the future. Going back is like outlawing Blu-ray/Video on Demand and endorsing VCRs.

9. JayVols

I've never been one to be concerned with "what everyone else says." This isn't personal, by any means. I'm still the same person I've always been. I'm not going to change that for anyone or any situation.

Plus, I hate traitors. Just watch and wait, and you'll see what I mean.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Obama...going through Congress...to get something done.

That's rich.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Who's saying this stops green. If the market(people) demand and want it, that's going to win out.

The technology on a lot of renewable energy is increasing rapidly and will only continue to do so with the Paris deal or not.

12. JayVols

That's the issue. The govt is pushing for us to go back. Being a market guy, that should have you up in arms.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Who said the concession necessarily has to come on the climate deal. But since the agreement is toothless and non binding and only requires some of the biggest polluters to simply give it their best effort, I can see why the US leaving will kill the planet.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

How? Did the lead executive leaving an executive agreement changes make pursuing green/renewable energy illegal?

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Coal and oil are more subsidized than solar.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

All government subsidies should be eliminated. All.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

You realize that would trigger famines?

18. JayVols

I have a feeling the people you're talking to don't really care as long as govt gets its comeuppance.

19. JayVols

Only the Sith deal in absolutes.

Life lessons from Star Wars.

20. JayVols

Would we have made it to the moon without gov't support?

Would we have won WWI & WWII relying only on the private sector?

Would the private sector have developed the atomic bomb before Germany? How about nuclear power?

Did the private sector alone bring east Tennessee out of its backwoods hillbilly reality? Did they bring flood control?

Would the private sector have risked completely funding the Hoover Dam that brought electricity and irrigation to an area that feeds a good portion of America?

Would you be able to get to Myrtle Beach or a Gulf beach in Florida in hours instead of days today if we had waited on the private sector?

Thanks govt, you bastard.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017