Going forward

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Volokie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After seeing a game in person, with how many open guys he doesn't see plus how terribly inaccurate he is on anything over 10 yards, I can't get excited about him playing. Plus, he runs soft.

Memtownvol, IP and chavisut like this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

The not seeing open players will destroy morale when the losses start piling up. I agree that we are better off with Hooker.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I'd say start Hooker next week at Florida and if it gets bad, bring in Milton. Concern with Hooker is he appears to be turnover prone more than Milton. Cant put the ball on the ground or it becomes a deciding factor

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Our run game is not good. O-Line sucks. Did Evans actually get covid because he looked depleted.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I think line will look better when we get Cooper Mays back in and get guys to original positions.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That would help a lot

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It will be back to back coaches that have picked their starter as if they had money riding against Tennessee

HCKevinSteele and A-Smith like this.
  8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I would start Milton if healthy. Several of Hooker’s passes to the flats would’ve easily been pick 6s against UF. He’s also going to get seriously hurt the way he runs. He looked decent today but didn’t do enough to lock down the job.

9. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

If Milton played today, it would have been a two possession game well into the second half.

10. Ssmiff

Hooker just too careless with the ball for me to pick him. Milton only fumble was dropped when his leg got bent

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

ya, we are not winning but one more game if we have more turnovers than the opponent

12. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

He’s fine in the intermediate and short game.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Milton completed 2 passes in 3 quarters of action against Bowling Green

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He's dreadful

zehr27 and TDVol1989 like this.
  15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I think that will turn around very soon. The defense has been getting after it too well for us to only notch our first turnover today.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

It’s a wash between QBs. Milton protects the ball better and can run the offense more efficiently, but can’t hit the deep ball to save his life. Hooker runs the ball better and can hit the deep ball better, but is turnover prone.

We still lose by 4 TDs to the Gators and will win the same amount of games with either QB.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Our only hope next week is that Florida’s heads are still on Alabama. And even so, we’re still going to have to make the kind of plays we didn’t make last week.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.
  18. Ssmiff

UF will kill us and sit on those quick hitch passes to wrs. Mullen really knows how to move the chains and find qbs who he can show what he wants. 4 yards here. Misdirection here. Rpo there and just line up wide and run a qb draw or pick the mismatch if you move another defender in the box for the draw. Havent seen teams run on bama like that before.

I dont think Bama is as good this year without Butch

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Milton has 2 fumbles when sacked…stands there. Serviceable runner. But there is always the chance he could throw a bomb that hits. Hooker seems better moving the ball but can’t hit in the flats. It’s as bad as a Milton throwing deep. But he is more gifted running albeit it fumble prone. So flip a coin.

I don’t love a 2 QB system but maybe try it. Maybe one will compete. But you have to admit it’s a crap shoot on who would give better results.

Memtownvol and OneForVol like this.