Gonna be a dad!

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by g8terh8ter_eric, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You should be asleep.

Now. This second.

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. Blessings for you and your wife.

3. Tenacious D

Getting pregnant from hitting the wrong hole is how God makes liberals.

4. Tenacious D

Absolutely x100.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Is this your first one? Congratulations and no shit, you need to sleep, eat a meal in peace, and go out to watch a movie.

You'll be fine though. We use to raise them in caves and they're not as fragile as you think.

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kid was sleeping through the night from the jump. Went to brunch his first week, a bar at 2 weeks.

Do what you want. It's when they become sick little toddlers that everything goes to crap.

And congrats!

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Mine didn't sleep through the night until 8 months. Sleeps like a champ now, though.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I had two of them and it was a full year basically

9. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You won't take a dump in peace for at least 12 years.

But seriously, things are about to change, for the good, and get real crazy, hang on tight.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Being a dad is the best thing I do. I l9ve it. Enjoy.

And sleep now.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My second one started sleeping all night the 4th night. The other two was up every two to three hours and then slowly started sleeping longer.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Probably why we are only gonna have one. We don't want to risk having to be actual parents.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not that only child parents aren't actual parents, but it's a totally different game after one.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep.

Eric, a bit of advice. If the doctor hands the baby to you first, do not, repeat, do NOT, start walking towards the couch in the room away from Momma. You will never hear the end of it.

15. CardinalVol

Yup, and there's no way we're going to 3.

16. NorrisAlan

Two is enough. I know some people that have 4,5,6+ kids. I don't know how they afford it for one, and then how they have the time. And generally those people are the ones that can least afford it.

Most people I know have 2 kids, and that is it, if any. And that is the general trend in the West.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Too late for us. We've got another one due in August.

18. CardinalVol

We go to church with three families that are huge families. All three make a good income and the moms stay home. And basically the oldest two kids in each family serve as de facto parent extenders. And their kids are all great kids. I don't know how they've done it, but they do.

We've talked adopting once these two are older a bit more self-sufficient, but I couldn't fathom adding a baby or toddler to the mix right now.

19. NorrisAlan

You celebrated that UGA win too much, my friend.

20. g8terh8ter_eric

g8terh8ter_eric Contributor

Thanks again all!

We head up to UT around 9pm tonight to start induction, unless he wants to start before then.

Told the wife I was going to get a GoPro camera on the way up, so we could film it in all its glory. Of course, that was met by "Do you want to die?". Alas, I think a picture after will suffice.