Good Riddance, Chipper.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Oct 5, 2012.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Now, your redneck ass has all kinds of time to scrog around with skanky suburban Atlanta Hooters girls.

2. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

That was basically a 3-run error by Chipper. Terrible.

3. hatvol96

Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

4. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

It dawned on me that despite the thousands and thousands of baseball games I've watched over the last two decades, which includes countless Braves games thanks to TBS and SportsSouth, the only two things I remember about Chipper is him hating being called Larry and cheating on his first wife. I even looked up "Greatest Chipper Jones" moments and the only event that is even worth mentioning is he has the record for most consecutive games with an extra base hit. Whoopty Doo.

5. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Seriously? Nothing about the Mets (named his son Shea)? Flirted with .400 a couple years back well into his 30s (no, not Hooters waitresses... note the decimal)? Top five third baseman of all time, arguably #2 behind Mike Schmidt? Played his career with one team, including some hometown discounts? Though the last two may have been a collective hallucination considering we're talking about MLB.

6. hatvol96

#2? Chipper Jones has never seen a day where he could carry George Brett's bags.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

#2 all time? Ever hear of Brooks Robinson? Never saw Eddie Mathews play, but from all accounts, I think he might be the best Braves 3B of all time. Chipper is somewhere in the middle top ten along with Brett and Boggs. I'm not even discussing ARod in this because I still consider him to be the best SS on his team.

8. hatvol96

Brooks Robinson also never saw a day where he was in George Brett's league.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I will never understand how you judge a person. You have the reactionary tendencies of those usually positively correlated with ovaries.

10. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Guess I should clarify that the argument (not mine) was career-based and maybe didn't count games not played at 3B. 20% of Brett's innings were at 1B, and I'd guess a substantial number at DH also.

11. hatvol96

I judge people by what they are. George Brett was simply one of the best players of his era. Chipper Jones is an afterthought in the Steroid Era. Reactionary is entering a debate when you haven't a [dadgum] clue what you are talking about. By your analysis, that means it's time to change your tampon.

12. dknash

dknash Chieftain

See above.

13. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Hear Hear.. was such a cry baby... Always hurt with a pulled muscle or grion... And they tried to compare him with real baseball players!Ha

14. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Chipper could not hold Schmidt's jock!

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  15. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Brett was Awesome.. its a sad day when a wussy Chipper is mentioned in the same category or sentence as Pine Tar!

16. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The very picture of his career was seen when he was thrown out, albeit called safe, on his last at bat. His teams entire season was riding on a 2-out comeback and what does he do? Runs 3/4 speed down the line at best.

17. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I wear pads. [penis].

And I have no allegiance to Chipper/Larry. Just saying you have such strong convictions for some and none for others. I can't put my finger on what sets you off. It's like in the movies where they're trying to figure out how to diffuse a bomb by aligning the proper wires. The only thing is: you only have red wires.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  18. hatvol96

I was hoping he would be called out so his career could end with his redneck ass being exposed as the goldbrick he is.

19. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Agreed (I think).

Biggest difference is defense, though.

A relevant quote from the article I linked:

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Mathews was a better player than Chipper ever thought about being.

I'd put Chipper behind, Schmidt, Brett, Mathews, Boggs and Brooks Robinson.