Grading The Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by govols182, Oct 4, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

QB: D+ below average. Missed some throws, but also made some clutch throws. OL didn't help him much at all.
    RB: B Hurd looked good when he was actually in the game, DY had a few good plays as well.
    OL: D- I don't even need to explain
    WR: C+ Pig had some clutch catches, but we didn't get the separation needed for the most part.
    TE: B Hardly utilized

DL: B+ They played good contain and got after the QB all game
    LB: B+ AJ is AJ. JRM is a stud.
    DB: B+ Sutton continues to make play, TKjr had some big tackles and a pick, McNeil layed the smackdown early

K: A Medley is solid
    P: B Decent net
    ST coverage: B+ Best coverage I've seen against UF in a long, long time.

Coaching: F Bajakian needs to be axed.

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

O-Line should get an F. Sometimes you have to call it like it is.

3. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

Coaching

Jancek = A hard to shut them out when you go 3 and out so much on O.

Bajak = D that may be too nice

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Yeah if our offense averaged to a C we probably would have scored or something. WR play was generally bad I'd say, especially given the talk about Florida's secondary beforehand. TEs were generally invisible. RBs didn't have enough impact on the game to get a good grade, even if a lot of that is down to Bajakian and/or the line. D's or F's all around I say, as far as units go.

5. nashvillevol

nashvillevol New Member

Ffffffffffff

f

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

A d for the offense is ludicrous.

7. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Really think people had unrealistic expectations about this offense coming into the season. I'm not making excuses but has there ever been a recruiting class with 0 OL signed aside from Dooley's?

The OL is what it is. If we had an athlete capable of extending plays at the QB position we could probably deal with the expected OL woes but we don't.

8. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The run game is still utterly idiotic.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

You mean if we ran an offense that worked for what we have

10. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Is there an offense you can successfully run when your QB gets an average of 2 seconds worth of protections and can't fire off the ball in run blocking? I think the situational play calling has sucked but I honestly want someone to point out what offense would work with this line that is mediocre (maybe giving them too much credit) at best.

11. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Yes. You wear the TE out and have hb scrape to the flare. You rb screen. You don't throw 246 wr screens or run the retard no option.

DC Vol likes this.
  12. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Our true freshmen TE's or the senior who should be playing rec league?

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Does it matter? Our freshmen can play. We can make excuses for the bullshuz we've been watching for two years, but it isn't changing. The scheme and implementation blow goats.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The true freshmen TE's can play, so don't try the youth card there

15. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

Ok so since the new players have shown flashes they are expected to be consistent performers? Once again guys, expectations.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Why would you not try it when it's wide open and the TEs have shown they can play? That's ****ing stupid

17. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Florida is dogshit. We should have beaten them.

Rebuttal?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

We're talking about a TE running a route or squatting in a zone. We don't even try. The excuse is hollow to the point of ridiculous.

19. Knox9552

Knox9552 Member

I think it's pretty clear they don't trust Worley throwing to the middle of the field.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yet they trust him throwing deep outs.

I don't follow that line of thought. Or you're damning Bajakian. In which case, I agree.