Grant Williams Press Conference 11:30 est

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think he’s announcing that he’s staying.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Sweet 16 run next year if he stays.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Round of 32 if he goes

4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Aw crap

IP and Tenacious D like this.
  5. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Yes, I don’t think you give a press conference the morning after your coach announces he’s staying at Tennessee just to piss in everyone’s Cheerios.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think Williams is more likely to stay than Bone, which is odd since I don't think Bone will even get drafted.

Indy likes this.
  7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would say you are correct.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

First round exit in the NIT would be tough to swallow.

9. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If he and Bone both go and we make the round of 32 next year, Barnes should be coach of the year again.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Except he's been here long enough that he should have recruited replacements for them.

A-Smith, MaconVol, utvol0427 and 2 others like this.
  11. BigOrangeBeech

Crazier things have happened.

12. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

What's the climate if he doesn't make tourney next year?

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Humid subtropical

warhammer and IP like this.
  14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m sure the sheer number of burning mattresses will warm it up a few degrees...

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'll be pissed. Missing the tourney in your fifth year just because you didn't recruit well enough to replace this current crop? Not going to fly.

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. BigOrangeBeech

True, but hes in a little different situation here. He knew he was losing Scofield and Alexander. I think Burns is the replacement for Alexander, James was going to be a nice replacement for someone, maybe not Scofields postion but maybe replace some of his production.

Now it appears we're losing both Bone and Williams too.

Unless we're Cal at UK or K at Duke, we're not gonna replace our top 4 players and pick right up where we left off.

17. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yes, his 2017 and 2018 classes have left a lot to be desired so far and this should be a job you make the tournament nearly every year, particularly if you are paying over $4 million for his services. I don't think he's worth that much, but it was important, at this point, to keep the continuity and send a message about the importance of hoops here at UT.

18. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

Bull ridin’ and boobies

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Papaw’s ace in the hole.

20. BigOrangeBeech

And to add to this point, I am, in no way trying to say I dont expect us to make the tournament next year, because it should be the expectation at worst every year even if we are starting with new players. I just dont expect to win 30 games, be ranked #1 for a month, etc next year if we lose Bone and Williams both. That's a lot of leadership, cohesion, experience lost from a dang good team last year.

But to @lylsmorr 's point, he certainly should be recruiting the replacements, and he is finally getting traction there I believe. Got James coming in, got the commitment from the kids name I cant recall after the UK win at home, and we are in on several other top kids that visited that weekend also.

A-Smith likes this.