Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Unimane, Sep 9, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wow.

This is a joke. A pathetic joke. Roger Goodell should resign tomorrow.

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

They were saying a few weeks ago that the demand for NFL was inelastic. Keep this up, and that will change very quickly.

ETA: **** you Van Pelt. I said that first.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Lucky guess. No, seriously, Wisconsin born and bred, 5th generation Packers fan, etc., etc. Beyond pissed right now.

4. Unimane

I've got to wonder if the Packers can protest the game. I doubt it could be reversed, even when it was so ****ing obvious, but someone needs to raise holy hell from the Packers side.

5. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I feel awful for Green Bay right now. The pro game as a whole now feels bastardized.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That was beyond ridiculous. The complete ineptitude that has been shown the past few weeks is an embarrassment to the NFL. The usual thing that happens is positive progression. These refs have gotten progressively worse. I think they're attending the Dooley school of refereeing.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand how you blow the call even on review.

8. WM

WM Active Member

You can't review possession in review, once they made the call on the field that couldn't be undone.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Wasn't even close to a simultaneous catch, so Goodell can throw that possible explanation out the window

10. Unimane

By the way, Golden Tate can eat a [penis]. I saw his post game interview and, it wasn't hard to not like a Notre Dame guy, but he just made it real easy. Suck it, Golden. Suck it long and suck it hard.

11. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

I don't understand this point. I heard them say it on tv, but they can review possession if it is a case of a guy juggling the ball and never controlling the ball as it hits the ground. Surely they could have reviewed it and said there was no catch by the Seattle receiver without getting into a review about who rightfully should have had the ball. A call of no catch would technically be correct because the bastard didn't catch the ball. It would be splitting hairs, but it would beat what actually happened. It might not be possible to review it that way, but I'd rather be atrociously outside of the rules and let the right team win than rip victory out of their hands.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

How dumb is that?

13. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Agreed. I've never understood defending a dumb rule by saying, "It's the rule."

If replay can't overturn that call, something is wrong.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

He mentioned doing it all for God and then straight up lies to America's face and acts like he doesn't know anything about pushing off. He's a piece of shit and I won't forget it.

I don't fault him for being the benefactor of a bad call, but he doesn't have to lie to our faces about it. Just be mum. Just speak in platitudes and leave it at that. Or something like, "I was just doing anything I could to win the game for my team. The call was what it was." Don't act like we can't watch you shove a defender with two hands as hard as you can in slow motion in 1080i.

15. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The NFL has upheld the Seahawks' 14-12 win over the Green Bay Packers on Monday Night Football.

The league said in a statement Tuesday that Seattle's last-second touchdown pass should not have been overturned.

The NFL says Seahawks receiver Golden Tate should have been called for offensive pass interference before the catch, which would have clinched a Packers victory, but that cannot be reviewed by instant replay.

The replacement officials ruled on the field that Tate had simultaneous possession with Green Bay safety M.D. Jennings, which counts as a reception. The NFL says that once that happened, the referee was correct that no indisputable visual evidence existed on review to overturn the touchdown call.

On the final play, Russell Wilson heaved a 24-yard pass into a scrum in the end zone. Tate and Jennings both got their hands on the ball, though the Packers insisted Jennings had clear possession for a game-ending interception.

NFL upholds Seahawks' disputed win over Packers | www.ajc.com

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

jesus. just admit you screwed up and lets move on. does the nfl not have a public relations department?

17. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'd be far better just to say "oops," whether they change the outcome or not.

19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I wish those refs were stupid enough to call the offensive pass interference based on the replay. I mean, they obviously don't know the rules, so that wouldn't have been shocking to anyone would it?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought you could in the end zone?