Gruden Inside Sources

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 24, 2017.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Disclaimer: No one has to claim any source, or what level they may know or speak with a particular source. This thread is simply to try and breakdown a timeline to a potential fire/hire and potential Grudemomium.

If we truly believe that A. Butch Jones is fired this year, and B. Jon Gruden is the number one target... then who is leaking information and to what extent and why? If it is in fact Gruden, you have at least 3-4 different groups.

1. Gruden, his family, agent, etc.
    2. The UTAD (Currie, Davenport, Dipietro, etc.
    3. The boosters (Haslam, Ergen, Thunder, Peyton, etc)
    4. Former players (Peyton yes he's on there twice, Swain, Haynesworth, OV, etc...)

Who is saying what? What are there reasons for saying, or not saying, anything? And at what point do we begin to see stories, speculations and other ideas begin to intertwine?

What say you?

2. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I think any legit Gruden talk is leaking from the booster level. Dish Jr is my favorite theory thus far.

3. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I know who shot JR! tifwiw

dooleynoted likes this.
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

In 2012 much of the talk stemmed from family and those that spoke with the family. They are eerily quieter this time around, after originally talking a little bit. The real question is why? Were they told to stop? and by whom?

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I'll tell you who...

That damn Sasquatch.

6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

All a ploy by Butch Jones to disappoint us one last time.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I doubt manning himself is the spreader of any rumors

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I am convinced it is now a giant game of Telephone and someone somewhere says "Hey, I wonder if we can get Gruden?" and 200 retweets later

"We got em! We got em! I read it on line, we got em!"

chef65 likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think there is a legitimate element of that. But more than that, too. And there is an element of the opposite as well

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Mine was some guy I talked to at the urinal next to me at Downtown Grill and Brewery

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

My contacts are on the AGR side.

It’s on UT not to screw it up.

12. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

MegaBooster says, "Enough. I will fund the buyout. Not only that, I will fund Gruden."

Conclusion drawn and passed around: Botch is gone. Gruden is hired. It is all a done deal.

The multiple steps from point A to point B get overlooked.

13. Cameltoes

Cameltoes Contributor

All 4 groups. Each with a different agenda.

14. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Either he's not coming after giving it some thought and he (they) don't really want Grudemania 2.

Or

It's still possible (maybe even a verbal commit) and he's not a fan of Grudemania 2 while Jones is still employed.

Best I can figure.
    As soon as Jones is fired officially the damn will break on one side or the other pretty quick.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Group 1 has to be carefully with part of the family so close to Knoxville. While some probably want to see it happen and are thrilled to tell good news. They also know and live around nutty football fans.

Group 2 is interesting in a way. I could see where Currie may be more lined up with the money instead of Admin. on this. I can see his fear of Grudemania 2 overshadowing a coach not named Gruden. If he can't pull it off. The rest of that bunch may not care, or care so much they are a speed bump. Who knows.

Group 3 is as much a wildcard as group 2. Are the ones that matter all pulling the same way? I could see where the info or misinfo being passed is somewhat irrelevant to them in the sense that they don't care that it gets out. "I give X amount to this school and want everybody to know I helped land the big fish".

Group 4 is similar to 3 in that they re more liberal with info. IMO. Less Manning. They want UT back where they should be.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

What's up with Basilio aggressively denying Grumors as nonsense? Does he have sources or is he in the dark? Is he being fed info to turn down the heat on the Grumors? If the Grumors turn out to be true he's going to lose whatever credibility he has for so adamantly denying any truth at all to the Grumors.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He believes Gruden is an attention whore who will never coach again.

He also believes Lovie's plane is about to touch down in Knoxville any minute

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He is Tony Basilio. I love him but he is there to get an audience.

I have no doubt Lovie's plane will land aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany minute now.

Also, he loves to play the Heel.

NYY likes this.
  19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think he was told to cool down the gruden fire.