Guarantano

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Seems like every comment we see from players is super glowing about Pruitt. I know part of that is who they’re putting in front of the mic (Trey Smith), but even in the exit interviews Ubben has been doing, the guys transferring almost all think Pruitt is gonna win big (I think I’ve seen one exception).

That’s been the hardest part to make sense of for me. If he’s lost the room, the results make complete sense. If they’re all going to war for each other, there’s no reason for us to be 2-5.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

man, I don't know what to think. nothing good.

Tar Volon likes this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gray is 3rd in SEC in rushing and the OL is run blocking pretty well most of the year, with no threat at qb. Punishing myself by watching the show this morning and notice 2 things that bother me:
    1. Pruitt not saying anything about bad JG decisions and late throws as the highlights roll. Only on the last play of the half did he mention, "gotta just throw that up"
    2. Keslings lips don't touch on letters b, m, p and w

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think for Gray, he should really try to finish up his degree in the next year and go get paid. We're wasting a great talent.

6. Ssmiff

Add another one who sees what our coaches dont

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

More than see, he demonstrated it. Smoke Monday proved it on the field. As I was watching live, I said out loud "too long" as JG held and held and held, then threw. It's so [uck fay]ing obvious, even to an utter amateur such as myself. And when Bailey comes in, his clock is ticking. It's out of his hands on time.

Memtownvol likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

9. Ssmiff

we were blowing them off the ball, JG goes to check, I say "uh oh". Wife says "whats he doing". I said, "about to [uck fay] it up prolly". Then he stared and she said "he's stARING at HIM!". Then the throw. Unfreaking real, but too real for too long.
    And i read people talking about Baileys ball not looking like it had any heat on it. They are so used to JG trying to rifle late passes in, they aren't used to the ball coming out before a receiver turns for it or comes out of the break. He throws a very catchable ball

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep. he doesn't throw the same bullet for every distance and situation. He actually throws it with some feel for catchability.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

The team actually played hard yesterday. I don't think he's lost the room. This offense with JG at QB just cannot win in the SEC in the Year of Our Lord 2020. If they had gone all in on Bailey as soon as he stepped on campus (you know the same way any of us idiots would have) then we would be in the Top 15 right now.

Ssmiff and TDVol1989 like this.
  12. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I think Pruitt is just such an asshole that at this point he won’t make a change just to spite the fan base/media that he already doesn’t like because he’s Bama through and through. We’re lower tier in his eyes and he’s treating us that way.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I would almost like to believe this because of what Pruitt's put us through and it's nice to have an enemy. But I think the simplest explanation is that he is just plain dumb. He knows how to coach defense because he loves footbaw and has been at it his whole life, but he doesn't have the wherewithal to lead a program, manage a game, or handle decisions for the offense like knowing who to play at QB or how one gets developed.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He's like Muschamp's dumber little brother

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

That about says it all. Succinct and accurate.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Following the game, third-year head coach Jeremy Pruitt discussed if Guarantano gives Tennessee the best chance to win.

“Absolutely,” Pruitt said of Guarantano. “If I didn’t, I wouldn’t play him. I mean, guys, he didn’t miss two field goals. He didn’t blow a coverage. There’s lots of things. Did he make a mistake? He made a mistake. Absolutely. I made mistakes in the game. Ok?

But he did take sacks before both resulting in harder to make FG

IP likes this.
  17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

He absolutely is doubling down on dumb.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

And we didn't lose by 6, and he did throw a pick 6...

19. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Exactly. One of those was a 50 yarder IRC.

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

JG literally throws guys covered. Good QBs throw their receivers open.

He’s a level of suck that I honest to God never thought I would see. But he’s not at fault. He’s about to be responsible for the firing of two coaches though. He’s the Sylvester Croom of college athletes.

Volgrad98, A-Smith and justingroves like this.