POLITICS Gubernatorial Primary

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Joseph Brant, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I voted for Bill Lee. Was on the Randy Boyd train for a long while, but at the moment of truth I did what felt best.

That and I used recent polls, and don't want Diane Black to be my dog catcher.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I voted for Lee.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Voting for Boyd. Fine with Lee.

Black wins and the two biggest offices on the ballot will likely go blue.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why is the tennessee GOP putting such flawed candidates in the mix? It's sad how when one party becomes dominant, the quality of their candidates falls.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I am [uck fay]ing sick of all of them, and their their talking points commercials. It’s been the same regurgitated crap week after week. Miss me with that shit. So glad it’s over.

I voted for Beth Harwell.

I hope Diane Black falls off the Earth. Literally.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    Joseph Brant and RockyHill like this.
  6. CardinalVol

Senate wise, there's only 3 Republicans in the state who can beat Bredesen (there's a reasons he was courted by Schumer). One of them is a sitting Senator, one is stepping down from the Senate, and the third is suffering from family name tarnishment. Any other Democratic candidate, and as much as I don't like her personally, Blackburn cruises.

Black is just a power hungry angry [itch bay] who has a whole lot of personal money to throw at it, and she's got enough middle TN connections to make it plausable. I'm honestly not sure I know of one person who supports her.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't know what people see in blackburn.

JayVols likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

She knows how to play the game and keep important people happy. Throw in the Lemming factor and you have it.

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I see a hateful, spiteful person skilled in convincing people she is looking out for their interests while her every vote is slashing her constituents' throats.

That takes talent.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

So your vision is pretty good in at least one eye, that's good.

JayVols likes this.
  11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nice to see ol Basil make another run at it this go round.

I went Lee, I appreciated how he stayed out of the mud, as far as I saw. Just keep Diane Black out of there.

12. JayVols

I may sabotage the vote & go for Black to give the Dem a better shot come November....
    Open primary and all.

Of the GOP candidates, I would prefer Lee as well. He doesn't come across as a complete douchebag at least.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think those kind of maneuverings are ethical, but that's just me. Voting for a primary candidate you wouldn't support in the general, I mean.

14. JayVols

I'm ok with that. I don't think using hacked emails from a foreign power is ethical. But at least what I proposed is legal.

We're in an epic battle here. Ethics may need to take a back seat. Just being honest.

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Disagree completely.

While not a complete shoe in, it’s no secret that in Tennessee a GOP candidate is the favorite to win almost every time. With that being the case, I have every right to vote in the primary for their candidate who most closely resembles my beliefs and what I want my elected official to be. As my tax dollars will still be collected, I should have a say in who spends them, especially at the mayoral and gubernatorial level.

JayVols likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's the opposite of what Jay was saying. He was saying he would vote for the GOP candidate he saw as most vulnerable to a dem, not the one that more closely aligned to his beliefs.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That's a little different than voting for the candidate you think most likely to lose. I'd still put my money on the GOP winning the race, even if Diane Black wins the primary. So I sincerely hope it's Boyd or Lee.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s fair. I went back and re-read what he said.

I wouldn’t vote for Black because, as said, I’d be afraid she’d actually win.

19. JayVols

I agree the GOP candidate will win regardless.

So, no harm, no foul. Want to stop this, change the law.

20. CardinalVol

I'm not sold Black wins in November. I think the other 3 do, just not sure she does.