Gunman shoots up gop softball practice

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I've moved way more classical liberal as I've gotten older.

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

As I get older, I honestly have no idea into which box I fit. Some of that is ignorance of issues that I'm too lazy to research. I'm conflicted on just about every major issue except LGBT, of which I'm liberal or moderate or simply don't give a shit what someone else does...whatever that is called.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know what I am, really. I don't give a shit about sexuality or who marries who or the legality of marijuana. I don't agree with abortion as birth control, but I don't think it's my place to holler it's illegal, either.

I don't really care about feelings, either.

Try and do what's best for everyone, not just yourself and quit taxing the shit out of people that make good money.

If you want to eat, work. If you can't work, we'll help you out. Take care of disabled veterans, take care of the mentally ill, take care of the refugees in that order.

That's kind of my political view.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

House Democrats praying for GOP victims of shooting.

[​IMG]

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Good. And good for you.

I think that any intelligent person and reasonable position requires the accounting and full consideration of many conflicting thoughts, ideas, beliefs, emotions, desires, etc., exhausting and often uncomfortable as it certainly is.

When I don't feel these things, I question whether I even understand the issue, or am blind to it (intentionally or not).

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I generally find myself living by the words "To whom much is given, much is required" in not only my everybody life, but also my political views.

7. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Honestly, I didn't care at all before having kids.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Can you identify why? Concern about security for them, physically and financially?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

My understanding is that this has shaken congress in a way that even the giffords shooting did not. Or maybe with that, since it doesn't look so flukish now.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm just as conservative ever theoretically. Realistically, economically I realize there are too many forces at play now and I've become more moderate. Socially, I'm conservative with a much broader depth of understanding and respect for those with other views.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Yeah, everything changed. I could explain it in detail but it would be much easier just to say I had no world view prior to my kids.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I was really encouraged by the response from congress and POTUS yesterday. I hope they sincerely pursue a course of diminished rhetoric and divisiveness. Perhaps others will then follow their lead.

13. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

Are they looking at The Village People?

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I like the Wrestling analogy starting at 2:30 mark

[video=youtube;uiqVRv9OMP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiqVRv9OMP0[/video]

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I'll say that outside of one moron who I won't give the satisfaction of calling out by name, this is about as civil and productive as I've seen the conversation around these parts in a while too. At least as far as I've noticed, and granted I took a break from some of the political discussion lately

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

And I'm not saying you guys aren't capable of being civil, I'm saying that this thread in particular has yet to devolve into the crap fest that some of the others have

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Go to h*ck

18. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Yep, that was good stuff.

19. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I'm conservative in my values and in my personal life. But that is my life, everyone has free will to believe whatever they want to believe.

20. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Apparently Republican congressman suck at sports.