Guns

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by NEW COACH, Feb 16, 2018.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Is it because they get aggrevated with kids, and you think they’d harm them?

Or are they forgetful and they’d leave the weapon unattended in a desk?

Because a tether on the weapon to yourself is always great, and angry people shouldn’t teach anyway.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

They damn sure aren’t vocal about it, as it would offend the douchebag who hog all the airtime.

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm pretty vocal and open about it, and still catch nothing but shit.

How many guns were taken when Obama had a Senate super-majority & the House?

Sure, there are those on the left that are anti-gun. But generalizing that it's everyone would be like someone on the left saying the right is nothing but racists because the KKK has chosen to throw their hat in that ring. I don't remotely think that everyone on the right is in lockstep with the KKK. In fact, I'm convinced that the majority finds them repugnant.

4. JayVols

A teacher went bonkers in Dalton, GA last week. Just sayin'.

You go to break up a fight wearing an ankle holster (my prefered conceal carry holster). You have to take a student to the ground. While doing so, your holster is revealed. While you are engaged with a highly irate student who is as big as, if not bigger that you, and is still doing everything they can to break free, the other kid in the fight does break free, goes for the gun. Bad situation just got worse.

Lots of people shouldn't teach, have guns, be politicians, drive cars, etc, but they do.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

One president said guns should be seized without due process, and it was the current one. He isn't a Democrat. That statement disturbed many gun control people, because it isn't constructive or helpful

6. JayVols

I knew Obama hated the Constitution.

7. fl0at_

I'm sure someone in just about every profession went bonkers last week; murdered someone, pulled a gun on someone, shot someone, stabbed, hit them with a club. This is people we're talking about.

Tether your weapon to you with a cord, don't keep one chambered. I wouldn't go ankle, but that's preference.

You carry a pocket knife? Kid ever taken that from you and turned a bad situation in to a worse one?

And then there is always the risk assessment: if you think you'll do more potential harm by breaking up the fight, then maybe you shouldn't break up the fight.

8. fl0at_

He also probably doesn't know what due process is, and probably thinks if the President dictates it, then it must be law.

9. JayVols

I don't carry a knife.

I have a responsibility to break up fights. If I don't, I get fired and sued for inaction.

10. fl0at_

You currently do. You currently aren't allowed to carry a firearm in school.

See how one thing can become another?

11. fl0at_

Also, how do you not carry a pocket knife?

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It's recommended that a teacher not get between two students actively fighting to break it up, unless you're on the response team that has training.

Report the fight, command them to stop, and to control the crowd is the general protocol

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like that makes it worse

14. JayVols

Umm...(meant to be humorous not dickish)...I don't put one in my pocket.

I don't need one. My dad was a TV repairman. I have his awesome set of tools....

*Impress me. What movie did the last line reference?

15. JayVols

I'm on the response team. It's called an emergency team here. My experience as a firefighter landed me on it.

16. fl0at_

I don’t know. You like bad movies like the Princess Bride, and don’t have a Case knife in your pocket; we can’t be friends.

17. fl0at_

There ya go. Get armed, and then they might have to take you off.

No more taking bad punches.

18. fl0at_

You would think.

19. JayVols

Ok.

Not what I want, but you're the boss.

It was Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

20. fl0at_

Don’t think I’ve seen it.