Gus Manning

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Feb 13, 2023.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I used to get annoyed when he called in but eventually I realized how happy it made him and almost felt like I got to know him a bit even if I only met him once. Glad he got one more good football season though truth be told he probably never had a bad one

ole_orange, TDVol1989, IP and 2 others like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was about to post this same thing. Before I grew up and stopped being a man child, he used to annoy the crap out of me. Then I too realized how happy he was to just be talking sports.

This sucks

SetVol13 and zehr27 like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya i came to love him on Basilio. The story of Basilio giving him a ride to something, getting him fed, and driving him home and then asking him who is favorite radio host was in Knoxville... Jimmy Hyams! Honest through and through, Roger is a tennessee legend and I won't be forgetting him.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Also the stories of him putting away like 60 McNuggets at a time

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is my favorite story.

ole_orange and InVolNerable like this.
  6. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I think Tony B did a great job giving him both a hard time and all the time in the world. Good soul he was. He is restored now but will be missed. Thank you Roger for loving the Vols

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Any plugged in Tennessee fan knew of the legend that was Roger. I have a pretty good guess as to who was the first caller on Hatfield's sports radio show somewhere in the Sky this week.

zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.