Halo 5 Doesn't Have Split Screen Campaign?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Indy, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What the actual ****?

2. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

Who split screens games?

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

People who like to play games in real life together with people they know in real life?

4. TheSofaKing

TheSofaKing New Member

So get two tvs and two xboxes in a room like a normal person. That's such an n64 and earlier move.

5. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, Indy. What were you thinking trying to not drop $700 to play Halo 5 in the same room with another person?

6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I kind of assumed we were letting Bass stick around again under the assumption that he wasn't going to continue being annoying just for the sake of being annoying.

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My little brother purchased the game. He doesn't even own an Xbox One, but he was excited to be able to play the new Halo's campaign together on mine. He was pretty disappointed when we couldn't play. I was stunned when I looked it up and found out they didn't put it in the game.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure that he is "ban on site." I'll find out.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I mean, I don't really care that he's here. I figured you guys were allowing him to stay as long as he limited himself to the gaming forum, but I've seen him post in the other areas a few times more recently. Judging by his title, I assumed you guys knew it was him.

10. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Nobody likes a snitch.

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

He's not snitching......

12. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I actually always hated the campaign.

13. JayVols

Indy, what is the campaign like on Halo 5? I've been a fan of the game for many years.

Love ya, bro.

14. JayVols

I found them to be a great storyline. I'm not a hard-core gamer. Hell, I wouldn't even call myself a gamer, but I have always enjoyed the story lines. Each to his own.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Definitely not snitching. Open secret for quite a while.

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

His title is "We Todd Ed," and the mods are the only ones who ever mess with those. Pretty clear indicator.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The first game was solid. 2nd left something to be desired in campaign mode, and I enjoyed most of the third one. 4 was pretty out there.

It's definitely different. Wasn't a big fan of starting out playing as a character other than Master Chief. You switch off between playing as MC and Spartan Locke. Essentially, MC goes AWOL to look for Cortana, and Spartan Locke gets sent to track him down. We've only gotten through two missions, but I've heard pretty negative reviews of the story already.

The game play has some interesting changes as well, the most obvious being that you play with a team of 3 other people that help you on the mission. These people can be AI characters or actual people that connect to you through Xbox Live. It allowed them to implement a command system as well as the ability to revive fallen comrades, but I'm not sure I'm a fan. MC has worked alone for the most part for 4 straight games, and now suddenly he surrounds himself with 3 other people? Just doesn't feel like Halo.

18. JayVols

Understand. Thanks.

It will be years before I ever play it. I'm not buying an X-Box One until the price bottoms out.

19. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Jay plays video games.....mind blown!

20. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Well, it's a pretty standard continuation of Sofa King.

[​IMG]