Handing “control” to a college coach????

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Lexvol, Oct 7, 2017.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

send em over to MTSU.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Biggest school in the state, and a fine school.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah -at the risk of hearing how academics don't do anything again- I started working there in August. So far I'm happy with my decision.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Struggling a bit lately.

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cold

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Ha. Wasn't intended towards you. Heard they were having trouble with enrollment.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

a little. Junior college is free now. Juniors and Seniors are up.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, TN Promise is hurting 4 years schools - temporarily at least. And I'm good with it. Gotta adjust strategy to focus on transfer recruitment more.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Agree

10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

damn. glad i went when i did.

11. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Last part is a cheap shot and a ***** thing to say.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

actually my 17 yr old will be taking advantage of the 2 yrs free at Columbia State here in Brentwood. Nice campus. He's actually on the autism spectrum so any even small college would be overwhelming for him at this time. Couple of years then go from there. None of my boys are great students. I wasn't either. My references to the gpas and act scores are from parents and kids we know.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Free community college is a good thing imo. I think it starts the conversation of how we help students avoid major debt. Don't think it's sustainable though.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would rather my sons go to a trade school

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I've told kids that don't know why they want to go to college to look at vo-tech routes. Lot of those jobs open and they pay better than what I make.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, it will lead to a better system once schools adjust

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I will admit the idea of handing the compliance office to the coach seems like a recipe for disaster. But I don’t necessarily know how that compares to other programs.

Again, is this going to be a problem during this search? Are we going to torpedo a sure thing because Haslam is afraid being good at football will make the school look bad?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Compliance isn’t something they’re asking for and the college can’t grant oversight. They have at least an appearance of arms length control.

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

I built that campus, hopefully another building starting early 2018.