Happy coach getting fired day!

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by droski, Nov 18, 2012.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Looks like we're both going to unload our dolt coaches on the same day! This is a great day for the 8th!

2. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Who's we're both?

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

UT and Cal

4. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

High five.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Congrats to you as well droski.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Thank you. I've been waiting for this day for at least 4 years. I feel like a kid waiting to open my Xmas present.

7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Great day for both programs.

8. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I might begin celebrating this day in my family annually, our own personal Día de los Muertos.

[​IMG]

9. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

I've heard that there is a great deal of mutual interest between Dooley and Cal.... Just passing along what I've heard.

10. Norsonian

Norsonian New Member

Feels like a good day for a first post! Don't let the door hit you in the butt Dooley.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ban ban ban

12. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

James Franklin to Cal IMO

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's possible, but I hope not.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

In the wake of Cal’s pathetic 62-14 loss at Oregon State and resulting 3-9 record, Tedford will meet with athletic director Sandy Barbour on Sunday to discuss the ailing state of the program.

Until that meeting concludes, Tedford remains Cal’s coach.

“Jeff and I will get together tomorrow (Sunday) and see what the solutions are,” Barbour said in Corvallis. “We’re going to start the conversation about how we get better. We’re going from there. Jeff and I will sit down tomorrow about how we get better."

For some reason this strikes me as funny - Jeff, the solution to getting better starts without you.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I don't get what the delay is. I'm starting to panic she's going to do something really really dumb.

16. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

What else does she need to see? She'd be insane to consider keeping him.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

3-9, with a gimmee 6-6 schedule? He's got to go. Cal has been treading water for years now.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

according to the best Cal beat reporter out there she "doesn't want to fire him." Only cal would consider keeping a losing coach, or at least have it up for debate, because he's a nice guy. Jesus. We are so minor leagues it's amazing. No wonder we never win anything. This is not a situation where she should be walking in with an open mind.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

3 straight top 20 recruiting classes as well.

20. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Do they still have those hippies camped out in those trees over there?