Happy Destiny Eve

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by emainvol, Sep 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

so, I'm guessing it requires the PS4 network subscription or whatever

2. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Well one of my twin 18 month old daughters accidentally ordered the $89.99 version of this freaking game last week when I stepped away from the PS4 to answer the door. Not my type of game at all and since it was the digital copy Sony wouldn't refund my money or even put it back in my wallet so I could purchase something else that I may have actually wanted to play. I've now set the parental controls for a password before orders can be made on the PS4 so lesson learned there. I will begrudgingly try to play the game tonight since I paid such damn good money for it.

3. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

DownNDirty was effectively injected with heroin.

5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't think it requires the subscription for everything, but some of the missions definitely say "Playstation Plus required"

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

OH! You already bought the game but you can't play all of it? Oh, that's because you have to buy our Plus Packaaaage.

[​IMG]

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The trailers are impressive to say th least.

8. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

One of the funnier commentaries I've seen in a while:

[video=youtube;aaeAbMsid3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaeAbMsid3M[/video]

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

That video is 19 minutes long. Why?

10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

So, initial reaction. This game isn't the best game I have ever played, but it has the potential to be

11. KingWebbsticles

KingWebbsticles Chieftain

I have heard it is very underwhelming.

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Mixed signals are the worst.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Its well worth purchasing, and like a lot of MMOs, will just get better as they add more content

14. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I've enjoyed it. I haven't figured everything out yet though. Is there a main story line or do you just come and go as you please and do whatever you want to do?

15. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A little bit of both. There are story missions that advance the story and patrol, raids, etc. that help level up and loot.

16. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I may be doing them and not realizing it. How do you build up points to get the cool armor and stuff?

17. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I just watched a video that said you can't get the points until you're level 18 or something like that.

18. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Just got a One last night and new 3-D TV, picked this up as well, played for about an hour. It was fun. As you unlock new abilities and weapons I imagine that it gets even better.

I thought it was interesting that other players could basically come and go within the mission I'm playing. I was just going through the very first mission and came up on a battle this guy was having, I helped him out and then went about my business.

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The more you progress up in level the weapons and armor do too. You also unlock other gaming modes as you rank up. Be warned, when playing the crucible (that's the multiplayer game) you're going to get waxed starting out. It's for no other reason than your level is so much lower than everyone else's so your weapons aren't as potent and your armor isn't as strong. Playing with someone else in a strike group is probably the best way to level up quick.

20. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Whatever you unlock in the campaign carries over to multiplayer, yes? I hope so and if so I'm going to invest a bit of time before giving it a go. I didn't really buy it for the multiplayer however. It will be the bonus for me, it's always the other way around but I'm usually not impressed with story mode. I didn't even play the story on Ghosts, not one second. I don't think I played it on Black Ops 2 either.

Either way, I like it so far.