Has Butch Been Playing Vanilla Until UF?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think its pretty simple.

If he's sandbagging after Appy St last year. He's even dumber than anyone here has ever give him credit for being, at least against GT. ISU is irrelevant you should dominate every phase being "vanilla".
    If not, he has done another poor job of developing players and scheming them into the best positions to be at their best. In other words same song, different verse.

While 1 can't be ruled out, 2 is more likely. Its your typically Jones coached team. Less an experienced QB and AA DE to bail you out.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I was trying to recall if we ever looked good in one of those buy wins under Butch? It's not like those games stick out in my memory

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The games where we've looked good for four quarters are exceptionally rare. Even in the wins over Georgia and Florida, there were long periods where we looked like a team that would lose to Vandy.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And then actually lost to Vandy.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The best 60 minutes was the 2015 uga game, I think, and that was a loss.

He seems to fall ass backwards into wins

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, but we got beat up pretty bad for the first quarter or so. We were down 20 some points at one point.

7. NorrisAlan

And one dropped pass from UGA winning and us going to 2-5 I think. That one game saved his life here and earned him another 2-3 years minimum. There were people crying in the stands.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah, I though that a hypertension episode was imminent.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

yeah, but i just mean against a team that obviously can't push back...i don't mean be fantastic or anything, just basically take care of business against a vastly inferior team?

10. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I sort of agree except with our, yet again, porous line, he knows that Kelly will take a beating...3 yds deep. I give Jones credit for 1 thing. He conned his way to head coach at UT. After that, I really have to question if he knows as much as my 9yr old's pee wee coach.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

That Northwestern bowl game was pretty much an ass kicking from start to finish.

That's about all I've got.

12. NorrisAlan

All of his bowl games have been ass whippings. But there is nothing on the line, no pressure. And he is generally playing a much inferior team with less talent, which his offense will do well against.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I love reading the comments. But, here's the deal plain and simple. Butch is a dumbass.

If he was sandbagging, that's dumbassery. You don't want to run your stuff for the 1st time on the road in Gainesville. And, I don't give a $#%t how bad you think FL may be.

If he was not sandbagging, then you witnessed dumbassery.

So, either way...dumbass.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Iowa, Barnett handed their qb his head

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pretty much destroyed western ky.

Did the same to Utah State too.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

Western KY was the 4 straight turnovers game. Other than that it was very meh.

Utah St was a pretty decent effort. Lots of people thought that was gonna be an L

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Those people were dumb. Josh Smith was better than anyone they had.

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I hate Vanderbilt and wouldn't even wish him on them.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

This is dumb. I would definitely wish him on them.

20. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Vandy is 2-2 against him. They like him where he is.