Has this pic made the rounds?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by OrangeEmpire, Oct 22, 2015.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

2. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

The sad part is that so many people believe in moral victories.

3. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

SMDH...

I read some things this morning that make me have even less faith in Lyle. If that is possible. The sooner he is gone the better. I have below zero faith he will do anything to upgrade this coaching staff in the offseason.

Lyle is a loser plain and simple. A LOSER.

How much does one of those banners flown by planes cost? Would the 8th chip in to purchase a banner saying "Fire Lyle" and fly it over Neyland?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would throw 100 bucks in

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Have to ask this cat.....

[​IMG]

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If I was a doctor, and he came into my office for some procedure, I would have to rethink the Hippocratic Oath.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'd be shocked if Tennessee doesn't have to approve all the planes that fly over the stadium during games.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well if it were brain or testicle surgery, "First, do no harm" becomes pretty meaningless.

9. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

10. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

If they get railed by Bama and then lose to Kentucky on Halloween night it will literally be Botch's worst nightmare. I doubt seriously we'd have to buy the banner at that point. But I also underestimate the stupidity of a large majority of our fanbase as well. I saw on VN yesterday that now we should give him a pass in 2016 and 2017 is THE YEAR. Jesus Christ on a Cracker - make the stupid stop.

11. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If Hart and Cheek are in charge of approvals, they'd probably allow this to fly over.

[​IMG]

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

WTF? W. T. F?

I know there are all kinds of outliers, and what not, but how anyone can actually believe that is beyond my comprehension. How do they explain McElwain and Harbaugh? Saban going undefeated in the regular season his 2nd year and winning a Natty in his third?

Sweet baby Jesus, save us.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Yeah, we're screwed. South Carolina is about to hire a better coach but then again, aside from Vandy (which is debatable) everyone already has/had a better coach. Kentucky is overrated so if they lost that one, he should be fired after the game.

14. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Another argument I'm getting tired of is the "make Butch a CEO and hire good assistants to run things." Sorry but if you have a head coach that has to turn everything over to assistants than what is the point of keeping them? Other than maybe Jimbo and Les, what program has been successful lately using that method? I would also argue that Les and Jimbo are better coaches than perceived and certainly better than Butch. Of course it is a moot point because Butch isn't hiring anyone good and wouldn't get out of the way, either.

15. Tmac61

Alabama, Georgia, FSU, etc. Richt, Saban and Fisher are not great x's and o's coaches.

We will have to agree to disagree but Butch does have some strengths that lend to being an above average CEO coach. The question is, is he willing to do that.

I think the CEO approach works. Jones can do that. His recruiting, motivations and PR skills are top notch. His coaching skills are well below average and his ability to hire good coaches is just plan sad.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Huh?

17. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

What did you read?

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If I'm paying a guy 4 million to basically just recruit, I'd rather spend it on Ed Orgeron. At least he would be useful with the d-line.

19. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

A lot of Saban's guys have been flops when they go elsewhere so I have a hard time believing they're the masterminds behind his success.

20. Tmac61

We live in a world in which Gene Chizik won a National Championship for Christ sakes.