Hat Reminds Me of Rick Barnes

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Tenacious D, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Just kidding, so as to get his attention.

Hat -

1. Why don't you do everyone a solid and explain exactly what in the **** is wrong with Rick Barnes, his staff and this team.

2. Why aren't we landing all of these standout players that his hire seemed to be predicated on?

3. Why does he not only seem like he doesn't give a shit about Tennessee, but gives so few shits as to not care to even masquerade around like he gives a shit?

4. What will TN do about it, and when? Then, what should actually be done and when?

5. Am I the only person who realizes how completely rudderless the basketball program seems to be?

6. What's the most likely end game for this season, insofar as record, and for Barnes, overall?

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

3 is my biggest gripe. At least ****ing pretend to be engaged in your work.

And this is acceptable around here.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

If he wasn't going to recruit they may as well hired Rick Byrd.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Absolutely.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know nothing about basketball, but do the following for me, please.

1. Think of the most qualified coach that was a realistic option to bring to UT after Martin left.

2. Remember who the person was that had been tasked in hiring Martin's replacement.

3. Consider that person's history of hiring coaches at UT.

There you have it. That's your answer as to why the basketball progam seems rudderless. Whoever the most logical and best option for any coaching position at UT, you can safely bet your next dacade's worth of paychecks that Dave Hart will go in the complete opposite direction. That's as reliable as the sun rising in the east.

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I kind of feel like people are prematurely redneck, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We are getting the same thing a school would have gotten had they hired Fulmer in '09.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I didn't watch the UTC game so anything I could say would be guessing.

I'm waiting to see how this team progresses over the year. If there isn't any improvement, then I'm going to be very concerned.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

First half was one turnover after another. Second half offense executed a bit better but missed every shot, and let UTC dunk about 30 times.

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think that's reasonably close, but he doesn't recruit as well.

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't think his recruiting was that far off from what Fulmer was doing here. He was bringing in some talent to Austin until the last couple of years.

12. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I know Durant was from D.C. and I haven't looked at Barnes' recruiting at Texas to see where his guys came from but I would be a little concerned if many of them were from Texas. I think Fulmer recruiting nationally would be a bigger achievement than getting a Texas kid to go to Texas. Again, I say that without knowing if that's the case to be fair to Barnes.

13. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

There is a Sophomore that lives right out side Memphis. 5* top 10 player and has over a dozen offers already including Kentucky and Kansas. I know this kid personally. His game is most comparable to Durant....That was my thought watching him playing as a freshman, but that seems silly to say. Well it was silly until Calipari went to his school two weeks ago and straight told the kid just that....

Anyway...even though a sophomore, the kid projects as a lottery pick in a few years. Despite the fact that Tennessee doesn't really have a shot in hell to get this get, I can't fathom why in the world they would have not eve offered. If anyone can pitch best about Durant, it would be Barnes.

Btw, Calipari's pitch was straight forward, but convincing as hell....basically...you can go anywhere you want and you will be a one and done. Come to KY and you will play for a title, play with other future leaguers daily, and will be a top half lotto pick. Go elsewhere and you will make 20-30 million dollars right away. Come to KY and you will make 200 million as a top lotto pick and a top tier shoe deal....lol

14. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Here's an answer to all of those on my way out the door. Go [uck fay] yourself.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Aw, don't go Hat! I need to know what 'Bron thinks about the economy!