Helm, Hendrix, and Scott Officially Leaving

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by yont sum iss?, Dec 14, 2014.

1. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Not true. There have been plenty of highly rated guys transfer schools every year.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's hard to say these guys, the exception being Hendrix, we're anything other than decent players.

3. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Kamara got the hell out of bama pretty quick.

4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I was just about to say this

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I'll put it this way, I'm not worried about a drop off in skill by whoever replaces Helm. I see him as an average at best TE.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

He had issues.

7. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Seems to happen every year. When you sign a class full of quality, it is going to be quality that goes. Notice all three were behind other freshman.

8. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep. I think **** is just letting his hatred of Jones obscure his vision a bit. This happens to every class at every school.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would say that was a mutual split

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm a dumbass, pay me no attention

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You can hate and still see what's going on.

Butch's mouth writes checks his ass can't cash. It's pretty simple really.

12. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

Dylan Jackson is not coming here.

DE is a big need but we do have Butcher at SDE. I believe Ford and Taylor project as WDE. If we land Phillips, consider Hendrix replaced. Henderson is a loss in depth. If anything, actually, it looks as if the staff gave Hendrix plenty of opportunities this year and Hendrix didn't make good on them. Maybe he missed home, who knows. If he was projecting inside, he'd have definitely lost out to Tuttle/McKenzie.

Really, what we should end up having with Phillips/Taylor/Ford are guys that are versatile and can play either side... more so with Taylor and Phillips. Barnett is a rare talent but I think those 3 can be like Maggitt. Maggitt was just as effective when he and Barnett flipped sides. Barnett/Maggitt both played well as bookends both at WDE and SDE.

I think that's why Jackson didn't project well at SDE. We want DEs that can stand up against the run but also seal off the perimeter and rush the passer.

Just my $.02.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  13. chavisut

Which is?

14. JayVols

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Really not that concerned that this represents some larger issue with the program. These were all guys that probably expected to be top dogs. Scott will never outshine Hurd and probably is taking a backseat to Kamara once he gets here. Hendrix would never best Barnett, and has several talented guys coming in this next class to knock him off. Helm is solidly behind Wolf and I doubt we too frequently will be playing 2 tight end sets.

Hendrix and Helm came in as the most ballyhooed guys at their position and have been shown up. Not shocked they are unhappy. Scott might not have been all he was cracked up to be. Could be we encouraged him to move on.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's a tad overboard. Scott was solidly behind another freshman, Helm was solidly behind another freshman and Hendrix was solidly behind another freshman.

People loved Hendrix's ability, but Barnett and Maggitt both outplayed him. The other two stayed hurt and never did much of anything when given an opportunity. Scott was about to be, at best, 3rd in the RB depth chart. Helm was getting outplayed by a diabetic walk on by year's end. I don't see that as Butch writing checks his ass can't cash.

Tennessee is bringing in a really good DE class with a top 100 DE still a realistic target.

Tennessee is bringing in the 2nd best JUCO rb in the country.

The sky's not falling.

17. chavisut

You've clearly lost any ability to be objective.

18. JayVols

I was speaking in general, not necessarily this situation.

19. JayVols

You've clearly lost any ability to be objective when judging my objectivity.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

You've clearly never been to Singapore.