Heupel Press Conference tidbits

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Oct 18, 2021.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

wasnt counting bowl games in my thought process

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is actually a salient point. If Pruitt was this bad at cheating while in Knoxville, you have to wonder how he did it so effectively at bama. Either the AA doesn’t care about bama cheating, or Pruitt was deliberately trying to destroy UT football once and for all by being so blatant about it. Either (or both…) scenario is entirely plausible and if it is the latter, Pruitt should not only fail in his attempt to extort UT for 12 million dollars, he should be beaten soundly about the head and shoulders with a tire iron until death occurs.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Butch is the worst, and it really isn't close. As has been noted, Butch won one SEC game without Josh Dobbs as a starter. Pruitt won 9 with Guarantano, who is the worst QB that Ive ever seen play here. The 2019 offense should have been way better than it was, but still. If he had managed to realize it wasn't the 90s and that you needed to find a QB worth a damn to keep your defense from crumbling, he would have been better off

A-Smith and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cheating isn’t that hard. You just can’t let a Gump head up the operation

5. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well I don’t agree but I will be damned before I list anything positive about Butch. I think some of you look at this from a who you’d rather go fishing with standpoint . I think Pruitt did more damage.

6. TDVol1989

I don’t think it’s how Alabama cheats as much as the culture there that worships Saban. The rest of the football world and media does too.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Cade and Simmons out per 247. No mention of Cooper but we know he’ll be done by the end of the first quarter

8. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

Yeah, the people who think the coach who broke the record for most losses in a season is the worst coach in the program are just basing their opinions on who they'd rather go fishing with. You got it.

9. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

That same culture is one part of what allows Alabama to cheat the way they do. Pruitt got his first job at Alabama by helping to change grades for a Hoover recruit Saban was trying to get in. Almost nowhere in the country could you pull that off, or maybe said better, there’s no easier placin the country to pull it off than Birmingham.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  10. TDVol1989

And there’s no guarantee Pruitt wouldn’t have matched that record in a full season. We can keep this up if you like but Butch’s best was better than Pruitt’s. And Butch Jones did not coach the most losses in a UT season. He only lost 6 games in 2017 and then was fired. Don’t assume the rest. He also didnt leave an investigation behind. Butch is a jerk and a disaster. Pruitt was worse.

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You left out, "Let me educate you," at the beginning of that.

12. TDVol1989

Except I hate his slogans.

13. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

What a [uck fay]ing stupid response.

PilotFlyingJ and InVolNerable like this.
  14. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This whole Jones vs Pruitt conversation is like arguing about whether it’s better to be beaten to death rather than burned to death…

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Impaled with a rusty spoon.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Turd sandwich or turd sandwich with cheese.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Extra cheese please

18. TDVol1989

Because you can’t deal with it

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sorting between Dooley, Jones, and Pruitt is not worth anyone's time. Leave 'em behind. It's all irrelevant.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They all excelled in sucking (period). The "how" and "where" they each excelled? IDGAS.

Memtownvol likes this.