Heupel to OU Freak Out Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 28, 2021.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Fickell if Cincy loses. Not sure what they do if they win and he's unavailable for awhile. Campbell maybe.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I can’t help but think Matt Campbell is going to be the guy who should’ve moved when he had the chance

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I kinda wondered if we dodged a bullet when he gave the life-champions-esque “our goals are all still on the table” speech. I think he’s a good coach, but I would’ve been shocked if he’d actually been able to repeat last season at ISU, even with all the returning seniors

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If he leaves, now is the time to go out and hire a big name. You can rebuild a program in no time flat with the way this transfer shit is set up. Not sure who that big name would even be though.

5. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

What we’re seeing from LSU, USC and I’m sure Oklahoma and Notre Dame (and to a lesser extent, Florida) is a clinic on how to hire a “home-run” coach. If you want the big name guys, you better be prepared to pay the big time $$$.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Who ya got, Indy? I can think of a few, but would the UT administration really pay the kind of money it would take to get them to come here?

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

You can’t stay at a school like ISU. You can’t recruit enough to out athlete and eventually your opponents close the gap on what you’re doing that’s different.

That’s what happened at TCU too with Patterson.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think Campbell takes the ND job if offered.

tvolsfan likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I want to see an answer to this, too. WHO? Now seems like an extra bad time!

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We would be [uck fay]ed

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Heupel isn’t going anywhere this year. But we could lose some assistants.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think the staff stays together but I would be good with getting rid of Burns and getting Gonzo from Florida.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Basilio was saying today that Banks is in play at Duke and Golesh somewhere I can't remember

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The Burns hate is so goofy. He turned a 2 star recruit, a career special teams player, and a Mississippi State benchwarmer into a competent SEC unit.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interim for a year for David Cutcliffe level [uck fay]ed.

zehr27 likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That had a lot more to do with offensive design than his coaching ability. Also he has not recruited very well and Golesh spent a lot of time with the recievers. Golesh got really involved with the recievers after the Florida game.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

John mother[uck fay]ing Gruden

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oh ya, no damaged goods there. That will go great in the family living room

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we hire a staff of every living fired UT football coach, Expendables style. Pruitt at DC, Dooley at OC, Butch at special teams, and then detonate an atom bomb in the press conference introducing those 3 mother [uck fay]ers, rendering the athletic facilities uninhabitable for 50,000 blissful years.

20. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor