Heupel to OU Freak Out Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 28, 2021.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Heavy Kiffin vibes IMO

A-Smith likes this.
  2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What’s the dude’s dream job? Is it OU? Cuz if it is, the only reason I can think of for him not to take the job is maybe he doesn’t feel he’s ready yet. Expectations will be high for that job, so he’d need to succeed immediately.

3. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

To be fair, Dennis Dodd is a retard.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This isn't Make A Wish. We hired him to rebuild the program.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

At least this time we have an $8millie buyout in place instead of the "stack of tic-tacs and whatever else is in your pocket" clause we wrote down on a beer soaked cocktail napkin for Lane.

tvolsfan, NYY and IP like this.
  6. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't feel it. He was fired at OU to bring in Riley. If he returns to OU I'd think it would be at least one HC removed from that experience.

7. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Well hell Skip Holtz was ahead of the curve. He knew OU was going to need a coach and he knew Heupel would be their pick so he and Louisiana Tech decided to part ways already because we have a habit of hiring the LA Tech head coach after we piss ourselves when we lose a coach after one year and head straight for Tech. Welcome Coach Holtz. I'm sure you'll do a hell of a job.

[​IMG]

8. InVolNerable

Plus, Stoops is interim HC right now.

He was born and raised in SD. Started out at Weber State and transferred to a JUCO in Utah. He coached at OU under the HC who recruited him, but also got fired by the same guy as a scape goat. And now that guy is the interim HC again.

I just don't feel like his ties to Oklahoma are nearly as strong as some let on.

But definitely don't buy the character non-sense Ssmiff keeps spewing, because he's done nothing either way to show a dearth or abundance either way. But I lean dearth, because you can't be a college football coach and have good character. It's science.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Shit it’s only 8mill? Well USC about owes them that much… I thought it was much higher.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’d be kind of surprised, but not completely. I’ve definitely learned never to say never to anything

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

$8mill if he leaves, $20 mill if we fire him.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

lol Wolken put Shane Beamer on his list of 5 candidates for OU

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Beamer coached there awhile

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Shit it didn’t even take a matter of days. Nelson already decommitted from OU.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

His name was being mentioned a lot on OU boards when they thought Riley might be going to LSU.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Doesn’t stoops not like heupel?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Other way around

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'd agree if 2014 never happened

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

If OU truly zero'd in on Heupel ,one would have to assume Bob Stoops would give them their blessings. Hell, he'd probably even personally reach out to JH. No clue how JH truly would react to a courtship from OU, but sometimes a phone call is all it takes for two guys to hash out the past and squash things. If his alma mater went out of their way to "make things right" I don't see how he does not at least entertain the idea. Like someone earlier said, if mamma calls you pick up the phone.

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Who are you trying to convince, Heupel or yourself?

NorrisAlan likes this.