Hey JayVol, here's another tractor video.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by MWR, Sep 10, 2021.

1. MWR

MWR Contributor

I seem to remember you liking a video I posted here a few years ago using the old Case tractor to pull a tree down to the house.

Well, this summer I used what spare time I had to build me a grapple for the tractor. Here's what I had in mind when I built the thing. This makes sawing a lot easier on an old man, because sawing standing up is a lot easier than sawing next to the ground.

This is a beech log, and beech is heavy wood. This way is far easier than working it with manpower.

Volst53, IP and Joseph Brant like this.
  2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Not wearing chaps.

OSHA will be contacting you soon.

MWR likes this.
  3. MWR

MWR Contributor

If OSHA comes around them may wind up with a 20" chain saw stuck up their nose.

Besides, chaps are for sissies.

However, those who use a chain saw with no chaps tend to saw their legs off. I've got a pair of them, I just didn't want to get them dirty.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Same here buddy.

I wear them when I'm falling and bucking a log. But don't wear them while cutting rounds

MWR likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think OSHA is kind of like fairies or the Lochness Monster. You hear stories and see pictures, but I have seen no evidence of them. Just posters.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

OSHA exists. They suck, and it's a long, complicated explanation as to how and why.

justingroves likes this.
  7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

A Case tractor? Nice! Did you inherit it?

8. MWR

MWR Contributor

It is a 1963 Case 730. It belonged to my late father in law. When he died, his son has no place to use it where he lives, and his two daughters have never operated it. It just kinda wound up in my care.