Hilary campaigning on a far left platform

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by droski, Apr 22, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Huge mistake IMO. She should be pretending she's bill 2.0. she doesn't have Obama's charisma to pull off the hate the rich garbage. It's going to come off like Romney saying the rich are the problem. And btw when the NY times calls you out for being far left, I think we can put to rest the theory she's some sort of centrist politically.

I also love the call out on "tax incentives for companies to shift jobs overseas." The tax incentives exist because of our ridiculously high corporate tax rate, but I doubt that's what she was talking about.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/2...rong-as-elizabeth-warrens.html?referrer=&_r=2

Advisers have lists at the ready outlining Mrs. Clinton’s calls as early as 2007 to eliminate the so-called carried interest loophole, roll back the Bush-era tax cuts for the wealthy, impose tighter regulations on derivatives and place limits on chief executives’ compensation

“Enough with the corporate welfare,” she continued. “Enough with the golden parachutes. And enough with the tax incentives for companies to shift jobs overseas.”

A 16-page dossier, titled “Hillary Clinton: A Lifetime Champion of Income Opportunity” and assembled by a close friend and adviser to Mrs. Clinton, calls Ms. Warren a “footnote.” The document, provided to The New York Times, presents 40 instances in which Mrs. Clinton took the same stance as Ms. Warren on issues — like organized labor and tax increases on the wealthy — in some cases years before the senator’s ascent in the national spotlight.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

She's doing this to keep warren from entering the race

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I find it hard to believe warren can beat her.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Biggest threat to take her down. She doesn't fire up the base much.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

if a nut like warren can take the nomination I never want to hear again how the fringe right is running the republican party. in the end I have to believe that most democrats are right of warren.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'd take Warren. If conservatives don't like someone, good.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

rarely have I seen a politician who understands less about business. she's a crazy person. it would be like electing ron paul. she's out there spouting conspiracy theories constantly for Christ sake.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pay no attention if Warren would be worth a damn, just nominate her so it pisses off conservatives?

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's no way people could vote for her, is there?

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well IP claims he's not far left, but no I can't believe it. she'll carry san Francisco, but that's about it.

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

this is a woman who wants to raise the minimum wage to $22 an hour.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Economics are voodoo witchcraft to some people, so they vote on feels good polices

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

shit, are you serious?

EDIT:

Eh, she was just saying of MW had kept up with production it would be $22 an hour. I am not sure she was making a case for $22 MW.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

so sad.

15. NorrisAlan

I am one of them. I just don't understand it. It seems like it is 90% psychology to me.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yes, but most people rationally understand that raising the minimum wage to a level that puts it above most American salaries is crazy. they also rationally understand that banks and wall street serve some purpose.

17. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

From her anti-rich tour to flying back first class.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

well there's also her making up the fact that she's part Cherokee.

19. NorrisAlan

EVERYONE says they are 1/16th Cherokee.

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

It will only promote labor substitution. Restaurants will have self serve kiosks in the way Redbox took out blockbuster stores.