POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My parents have moved on to DeSantis

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

There's going to be an all out primary war between Trump and he. A flippin' war.

3. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Maybe they'll both bloody each other up and we get a decent candidate instead. Otherwise, I'll be sitting another election out.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I would put a lot of money on DeSantis being the Republican candidate in 24.

CitrusCo.Vol and zehr27 like this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think he's smarter than that. He isn't going to fight Trump. That's the problem, nobody will. It's lose lose. If Trump wants in, I don't think there will be any opposition, at least not from people who actually want to one day be President.

And you don't want to join his team either, because he'll eventually throw you under the bus. But you can't snub him either.

It's Trump, if he wants it. It's a losing scenario to go against him.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Yeah, I don't know how anyone in that party unseats Trump with the type of grassroots support he has within the GOP voters.

7. CardinalVol

He may be smarter, but his ego is getting bigger by the day.

Enough are getting worn down from Trump and view DeSantis as Trump without the Trump stuff.

I think DeSantis will fight.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

What do you think of a pre-emptive strategy for Trump to undermine DeSantis in 2022, on the premise that DeSantis losing the governor's mansion in 2022 would weaken/eliminate him for the WH in 2024? If I were a Trumper, this would be something I would be considering.

9. CardinalVol

That's an interesting idea. And one that off the top of my head I'm not sure of.

But, he has endorsed him (not that that means anything with Trump), and I think he could run the risk of pissing people off if he did that.

Trump does not hold the sway he did 12 months ago. He's still powerful, but lots have moved on. Whether they will admit it publicly or not, they did not like January 6th.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Jan 6 is privately massively unpopular, but for various reasons. For those who support it, they don't realize the pandora's box such things open, which are far worse than any political divide.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Trump vs. Hillary, this time it counts

12. CardinalVol

Yup.

Currently reading Principles for Dealing With the Changing World Order by Ray Dalio. I find it very interesting. Highly recommend. One of the things he talks about is the process that all great nations have gone through. Where politicians care only about winning and nothing else is one of the tell-tale signs of decline. It's borderline scary the point we are at.

Unimane likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hasn't DeSantis said he won't run against Trump? Also, I wonder how his wife's health would impact his desire to run.

14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Fix the money and you fix our problems.

Issue is that our current money system only works for about 10% of the population and the coast areas that use to control the media, but the internet has changed that on the message.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

You would enjoy this book. May not agree with all of it, but you would find it of interest.

And yes, the money is a major part of it.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I like Ray Dalio and enjoy listening to him talk on the economy.

He's one of the reason's I started buying bitcoin

17. CardinalVol

Get this book then. You will enjoy it.

Volst53 likes this.
  18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ivanka is clearly the favorite child, but Don JR. is the Trump child who is the most vocal on all matters politics. I'd bet on him being the one that will run for a future political office as a representative or senator from Florida. Perhaps he even tries to become Governor of Florida after Ron leaves office. But I doubt he ultimately wins because he isn't anywhere as charismatic as his dad, but it feels like they are attempting to set the table for his political future with how involved he is publicly with politics. Ivanka has the looks and daddy supporting her, but she has never really opened up and talked shop about what her actual political beliefs are. I don't think she is right-wing enough as a stand alone candidate to garner the support of the majority of GOP primary voters.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

This country has made Hilary Clinton a first Lady, a Senator from New York, the Secretary of State, and the first female Presidential nominee of a major party. And still she seems unsatisfied with her career achievements. I'd be stunned if she actually ran, and even more shocked if Dem primary voters and their superdelegates allow her anywhere near the ticket in 24 in the event she does actually run again.

The DeSantis camp has made it publicly clear they are not going against Trump, although I think people overemphasize the carnage that takes place in a primary fight. The top tier primary candidates of both parties always will say anything to get ahead. And once the chips fall in place they always kiss and make up. Look at our current POTUS and VP. Does the public still harp on Kamala labeling Joe Biden a racist on national TV during a debate when she used herself as an example as someone who suffered under his prior support of being against bussing low income inner city students to more affluent school districts in the 1970s? Of course that is not something the public still dwells on because most Americans can compartmentalize nasty primary rhetoric.

Obama/Hillary was a nasty primary fight. As was Trump/Cruz/Rubio,Paul, ect. Heated, personal attacks during the primary is par for the course in American politics now.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Quit possible. I received a Text yesterday requesting a donation. The picture and messaging was Don Jr.