POLITICS Hillary 24!

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 12, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

^My entire original quote. People here who equated appreciation for Constitution with imaginary people in modern America that *HARP* for a return to chattle slavery are actually offended by this benign, uncontroversial take. Incredible

Also nobody has answered who exactly is using the constitution as a means to HARP for a return slavery. Someone, anyone, defend that asinine dumbassery of a statement!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't need to, it is just what I am.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm saying we didn't go to war to free anyone, it was only when we were personally, directly attacked, and even then that is stretching things because US vessels had been sunk by uboats already.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You mean freeing ourselves-and ultimately aiding the entire world-from the reality of both a Japanese Emperor and an Aryan fascist supremist from taking over the globe because we didn't get involved until we were directly provoked wasn't a fight to free anyone, huh? Okie-dokie.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it were about world freedom, it would not have taken a decade of Japanese invasions and Nazi-controlled continental Europe to declare war. We never would have gone to Korea or Vietnam. We would not have propped up dictators in Africa, South America, and Central America.

We can't start being who we claim to be if we are not honest about what we have been doing and why.

fl0at_ likes this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we are all about freedom, why have so many states passed laws limiting voting access of Americans?

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea Tennessee has 20 days of early voting. Georgia has 17 days of early voting. Whereas Delaware and New York only have 10 days of early voting. The inequity of some states having a more narrow window to cast your vote compared to others is disgusting. Gotta work on that

https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/early-voting-in-state-elections.aspx

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As a fan of the US Constitution, I'm choosing to align with imaginary Americans literally *HARPING* for a return to chattle slavery via the authority of the US Constitution. The jig is up for us folks appreciating freedoms afforded to us by the Constitution.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea because we should have inserted ourselves using American boots on the ground to police the political strife of Europe and Asia before they directly forced our hand. That would have flown over well. And because the American public having zero control of the [uck fay]ery the CIA does negates being appreciative of what the US Constitution represents.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

lol

ole_orange likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Next we’ll be told that North/South America was “mostly peaceful” prior to colonialism, and war and conquering didn’t begin until the white man arrived on the scene.

ole_orange likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The leftists are gonna leftist. Not much anyone can do about it except shrug their shoulders at the "well actually, America sucks" brigade. They mean well

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I must have missed the part where anyone said, or even inferred, either of these things.

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Sorry, we're still busy seeking out those pesky American loving deviants championing their darn constitution as they yearn for a return to the days of chattle slavery. It's basic history and such. The purveyors of truth have decreed that failure to not appreciate the US Constitution and the evolution of American society when comparing the fortunes of other humans throughout world history is obviously an ugly form of nationalism that must be corrected.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

In the context. Not just the words, in the context. And then everything after shows that it was meant exactly as I took it. And you continue to do so here: "appreciation for living in a country." Why? Why does you being in a country here matter? Any country? You continue to think you're appreciative of philosophical view, but you always frame it as being within a container.

I can't point this out to you any clearer.

16. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

American society has evolved slower than other societies, despite having a head start at not having monarchies. Propping that up as evidence of something of awesome, when it isn't, is continuing down this view of American exceptionalism, which is nationalism. It's a myth.

The US is a great country. It is not better than most other Western countries at the moment, and in many ways, less great.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That’s just, like, your silly opinion

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I never said it was better than other western countries. I said I’m appreciative of American society and the US constitution, especially when I factor in how lucky we all are to not have been born under an oppressive monarchy or dictatorship as most humans to ever live had to endure. My appreciation and gratitude I personally hold for my country when comparing my situation to the grand scale of human history isn’t some doofus philosophical concept up for debate. For being an Internet message board moderator your reading comprehension often lacks. Stop making shit up about things I’ve said.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The 2 or 3 resident leftists here need a healthy dose of American exceptionalism. Geez-us

20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

They're just challenging your Pollyanna notion of American exceptionalism with a more reality based concept of America's place in the world while still being quite happy and content to be from this country. In context, your condescension is kind of amusing. You right wingers often have trouble with these ideas and trend towards arrogance instead of recognizing the more accurate analysis (Am I doing that right?). Bless your heart, though, you mean well.