Hmmm...No Seth Rich discussion?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by dc4utvols, May 16, 2017.

1. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Trump going to one of his homes to work is not the same thing as Obama traveling with wife, kids, extended family and friends on overseas vacations. Now does Trump speak out of both sides of his mouth? Yep. A lot of us knew that long before he got the nomination. I never voted for him for anything. I am a Reagan/constitutional conservative. I vote republican. I wrote in Cruz.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

LOL Yeah and cow poop smells better than cat poop. Cow poop isnt as biologically dangerous as cat poop either. Are you going to eat either one?

3. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're not lying....

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Less concerned with the WaPo as I am with the source, His Family?!? What would you expect them to say?!?

5. JayVols

You're right. Trump is enriching himself off of taxpayer money when he does his "home" visits. That's VERY different, in fact, it's unConstitutional.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The Obama trip that I had heartburn over was Michelle taking her daughters to South Africa to meet Mandela.

7. JayVols

Does paying for Trump's kids to travel all over the world, on the taxpayers' dime, to do business and/or multiple vacations to ski in Aspen make you mildly nauseous?

8. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I've got a bridge for sale.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Washington Post blows.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Trump takes to many trips to Florida.

As I understand the trips you describe; we paid for the Secret Service.

We paid for the whole trip for Obama's girls to meet Mandela.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not sure it would be more fair to force them to stay put. They didn't run for President, so you can't expect them to complete change their lifestyles. But they clearly have to be protected so they can't be used as leverage against us.

12. JayVols

Should Michelle, Malia and Sasha be expected to change their lives and not travel to somewhere they wanted to?

I'm not disputing your points, at all. It's a unique situation that creates a bit of a quandary. They need (deserve) protection just like every other First Children, but these aren't your normal First Children as they are adults. Still should have protection. I'm just saying don't get up in arms over one trip to South Africa because of political disagreements and excuse the fact that we're paying for body guard services to adult children as they travel all over the world making profits. That's it.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I was under the impression we paid for their trips. I would hope the Trump kids are paying their own ways, just not for the protection detail.

Also, I'm not sure what the "making profits" thing has to do with anything? Would it be more palatable if they were traveling purely for pleasure? Should they not be trying to earn a living? Maybe that wasn't what you were hinting, just wondering.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Their Trip Included Air Force One, Cars, Hotels, Food, Staff, etc. in addition to the Secret Service that the Trump Kids get. Apples and oranges.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Trump has averaged 2.5 days a week at one of his private properties. I will not and refuse to hear arguments about his kid and wife staying in New York as the son wanted to finish his school year there. I have zero issues with that.

But Trump going back and forth from DC to FL or DC to Jersey is ridiculous, IMHO. But after doing some research, it is not that unusual. In fact, Obama was the exception in how FEW vacations/trips he took. So I have had to let this go and reassess my stance.

I do find the hypocrisy of Trump telling when all he did was rail against golf outings by Obama and here he is golfing every weekend. But I personally don't care how much President's golf, as it isn't like he isn't working during that time.

Presidents are never off the clock which is why they look like shit their last year in term and look like a new man two months after they leave office.

16. NorrisAlan

Presidents have to pay for their own "vacations", ie room etc. Travel and security are covered by the White House budget as I understand it.

Same with Trump's kids. They are paying (or better be) their own fares and rooms etc. But the White House pays for their security, as is sensible and needed.

17. NorrisAlan

Was this trip just them? Or was this a Presidential trip to South Africa?

EDIT : I see it was just them as the President couldn't go.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  18. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

I love all the false equivalency. The previous occupant clearly took advantage of his situation to do things he would not have done had he remained a private citizen. He would not have done these things with his spoiled brat children, hectoring wife, weird mother-in-law, various friends etc if it were on his dime.

Trump is continuing a lifestyle he had before he took the job. It irritates me that i find myself having to defend the buffoon. But more irritating is seeing democrat talking points spread all over creation by the democrat controlled media and all the lapdogs that spout the crap back out on the interwebz.

19. JayVols

If its costs you're concerned about, did that trip cost more than protecting Melania because she wanted to stay in New York the last 4 months?

20. JayVols

According to Emoluments, yes. Pleasure is better. That's not me talking. It's the Constitution. Take it up with the FFs. And yes, their business is directly benefiting the POTUS.