Holly Warlick

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Feb 15, 2018.

1. spurgeon

spurgeon Member

He does do play by play. I heard him last night for about 5 minutes while I was driving.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't really directed at the players or coaches. It has to do with there being a dedicated fan base that was exclusive to the Lady Vols basketball team, to the point of mocking and denigrating the men's team, football team, etc, for years. This has created a resentment that isn't going to go away any time soon. While I want success for the players, students, etc, I hope the LV-only crowd crawls under a rock and never returns.

Does that make sense? It is definitely a thing you only experience if you are living in or around Knoxville for awhile.

To give you an example, an LV-only fan I knew was actively cheering for #1 Memphis against #2 Tennessee, because she didn't want the men's team to get the spotlight like that. They are the sort who don't think naming the court The Summit is enough, and want the arena named after her too. They were insufferable when the team was at its peak. They would complain about the students not showing up to games like they do the men's, but would actively campaign against there being a student section in the lower bowl (there wasn't one for women's due to this).

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

The [uck fay]. You're a loose cannon, Ssmiff.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That actually makes all the sense in the world... I knew there was a hardcore group of supporters but I wasn’t really aware they were “LV supremacists” though. That’s ridiculous.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Honestly i may have only heard 5 minutes ever of a lady vols jumpball festival. Somebody on there had a smoothe voice imo. And i despise Bob. I'd rather attend an open mic reading by Tenny than listen to kesling for 10 seconds

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IP pretty much hit the nail on the head.

7. CardinalVol

I honestly at one point liked women's bball because it was more old school and it had it's niche. Then people began trying to intermingle it with the men's game too much and I got sick of it. That's pretty much the reason I don't care for women's bball itself. I don't hate women nor think that they shouldn't play sports. I just don't like this specific sport.

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is me exactly. I loved the hustle of an old school women’s game.

9. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I might not agree with you but you made me laugh.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're awful

Savage Orange likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

Co-worker ND fan came in asking me the best section to sit in for Thursday's game

Section 119 row 28 going for $9.

Courtside going for $25.

I'm laughing hard.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

jesus, almost back to canned goods night.

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Considering how awful they’re playing right now, that’s highway robbery. They should charge 1970 prices due to the 1970 level of play...

14. After the loss to Arkansas:

“I think Pat would be proud of us and how we fought,” Warlick said.

She should be fired immediately for even having the nerve to say that. Pat wouldn't be proud of poorly coached, underutilized talent. She would be furious and would fix it in practice. Warlick is incompetent at best. As a Tennessee fan, I hate seeing this program become irrelevant when all of the resources and tradition are in place for it to be great.

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

She is evoking Pat to gain sympathy or lay guilt on others for thinking about firing her.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think Pat was just an above average coach that had a larger than life personality and competitive streak.

Tar Volon likes this.
  17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If I’m Holly Warlick right now, I’d say Pat Summitt’s name as much as possible, and while exclusively wearing a We Back Pat t-shirt.

18. Savage Orange

All the more reason to fire her.

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I just want to watch Fulmer run a freaking women's basketball coaching search.

"So who's the best one? Okay throw a bunch of money her."

20. Savage Orange

Auriemma got a cooch??!?