Holly Warlick

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Feb 15, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Early results say he did all right in volleyball.

Savage Orange likes this.
  2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Fulmer as AD has been lights out so far. I’ve been very impressed.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I watched the end of their game with Arkansas last night and the Lady Vols had the ball, down 1, with 3 seconds left. I saw their set up and thought they were going to do some back picks for a lob to the basket or a flare to the top of the key, something. No, four players just stood where they were, a pass was forced to the nearest player, who was 25 feet away from the basket, and she flung it towards the basket, barely grazing iron. It may have been the worst end game set play I've ever seen.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You can tell a coaching change is coming. More women's bb talk on here than I ever remember seeing.

CardinalVol likes this.
  5. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

Thats how bad it is. Whats even crazier is the mens team is ranked 1st overall and above the top 3 draft picks at Duke and the football team hasn't played in a bowl game since the Butch Jones era.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Now there’s a hot take.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Was about to say, that’s probably the hottest take I’ve ever seen. And I could not give any less of a [uck fay] about women’s b-ball.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Why is it so much a hot take? How many coaches in the conversation as GOAT in any sport is more than the right combination of a handful of good traits and in the right place at the right time?

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

We are addicted to coaching searches.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I love the chaos. I feel like nothing I. My life will ever be able to replicate #CS17

11. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

You’re crazy.

12. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Holly Warlick: "I think Pat would be proud of us and how we fought" against Arkansas.

The only time Pat was ever proud of Holly was on Taco Tuesday's.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I think this is accurate. She wasn't anything unbelievable as far as X's and O's go, but she worked like hell to sell the program in a world where there weren't many programs putting in the effort to sell themselves, and she made damn sure every single one of her players gave 110% on defense and got after the glass.

Although I think you could also say that an above average game coach who is relentless and personable enough to hit elite recruiter status actually just is an elite coach. Not many who are both elite recruiters and elite game coaches.

2Maggitt2Quit and A-Smith like this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think she was elite for a period, but as more programs started to invest and improve. She got outclassed a bit.

Honestly I think she should have one more considering how much Tennessee invested into women's basketball at a time few or no others was doing the same.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

She was average on the offensive end, but fantastic at everything else, particularly managing people and the game.

Tar Volon and A-Smith like this.
  16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

that didn't sit well in my head

17. Ssmiff

she's like Knight. Game started to pass her by a little bit. Parents and kids changed as well and that style doesn't float as much anymore

18. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

It wasn't supposed to.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Was she asked a question about Pat or did she name drop her on her own? Neither is appropriate

20. Ssmiff

he lost me at taco tuesday