Holly Warlick

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by NEW COACH, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Tyler will never be the HC at Tennessee.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He did, knocked her up. No future for him in womens athletics.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I cheered earnestly for them when younger. My disdain started while at UT and people said they could beat the men. It only grew over time with people having the same self righteous attitude and smugness.

That and I cant help but think that we place way too much importance on a sport that three to five cities in America care about.

4. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Exactly. I don't care what sport, I want us to win

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

The snobs are annoying. I used to play pick up games with Lady Vols at the HPER Building and beat them quite regularly. The men's team was on another world when I would play them. The only Lady Vol I played who was more than a handful was Tamika Catchings.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I practiced vs the girls team in '89. Pat wouldn't let us launch from very far though because the womens game didn't have so many girls launching long 3's back then. We would absolutely get lit up for shooting from 25 against a zone. Didn't really enjoy that time too much. It was cool, but I didn't want to be there after a few weeks. But I also couldn't be a guy that quit in the middle of the season with a Pat Summit team

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

What dumbass in the AD thought it was a good idea to extend Warlick and then make a deal with UCONN to start playing again?

Holly vs Geno will make Butch Jones vs Nick Saban look like a compelling coaching matchup.

MaconVol likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Geno gonna hang 150.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Kind of wonder if AD turnover is the only reason she's still here.

10. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

This could make the job more appealing for a better coach.

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

It helps. Fulmer wont be too quick to move on her either Im afraid.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think it is a fantastic strategy. UConn will save or torpedo Warlicks job here.

13. Beechervol

Waiting on Holly to be anything close to Pat is futile. And anyone that understands how good Pat really was should know this.

UT can have a very good annually top 5 program post Pat. Its not gonna happen with Holly as the coach tho.

justingroves likes this.
  14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Just seems like a new AD has bigger things on his plate than women’s basketball, especially when we are still sort of successful, relative to most other programs. Plus, the time to can her was after the season. Kind of have to give her an extension now, or it’s almost like a delayed firing.

15. Beechervol

Agreed.
    Football is the first 12 things on the list to fix when Fulmer got the job.

I don't think Fulmer will be trigger happy with coaches in a general sense.

16. Beechervol

The program is not terrible under Holly, but she didn't have to build anything either.

I compare it to when Saban leaves Bama. More than likely he'll still have them at a high level when he walks the next guy won't have to build it but maintaining that is every bit as hard and almost impossible. The question is for UT's women's program is, is this the best they can do even if you don't expect Pat Head type success. Holly has answered that question over the years. Not only are they not a threat to win a NC they are no longer the best program in their own conference. No reason for that.

17. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

Holly is a good, not great coach. Tennessee deserves better

18. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Decided to check out the Lady Vols last night just to see how things were going and was amazed as the inept coaching, though I should have expected it. Kentucky was clearly less talented and even had their best players foul out with about 5 minutes to go. Holly is now, by far, the worst coach on the Hill and she doesn't have Butch Jones to save her, either.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

She needs to go

20. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Give her a lifetime contract. Keep up the tremendous work... whatever hurts the pious Lady Vol fans that have forever tried to divide the University I'm all for.