honest question about QBs...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by here to lurk, Oct 20, 2018.

1. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

Why is Chryst not starting Is Guantanamo Bay fella the future He's tough as shite. But is he better now as an option vs the guy with experience?

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Come to the game chatted ask your question.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He'll show you in the 2nd half why he hasnt been playing.

4. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

chasing kids and cleaning up around the house.....not able to participate in the chat sadly

justingroves likes this.
  5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I like Guarantano just fine. While he may be able to do more than Chryst, he isn’t able to read a defense and see the field as well as Chryst can right now. That alone though may make Chryst better suited for where we are as an offense at this point.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ball came out fine. He looked like he knew what he was doing and didnt panic with guys in his face, aware they were coming and where he was going with it.

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

1. Chryst commands the field well in huddle and pre-snap. Some guys are just good at leading.

2. He can read a defense pre-snap. JG can do this as well, just not as good.

3. Chryst actually looked off a safety when in cover 2 for a split second which allowed our WR to split them. JG hasn’t done that in a game one. Ever.

4. Chryst’s internal clock for when the ball should come out, or when he needs to adjust to the pocket is infinitely better than JG.

5. I have no bad words to say about JG. He’s tough as nails and he’s a guy you really want to root for. With that said, he’s not the guy. He’s not ever going to be the guy. His skill set involves one read pre-snap.

6. If Chryst is named starter this week, or any of the remaining games... Shrout will be the guy for sure next year. That bell can’t be unrung.

TDVol1989 and justingroves like this.
  9. BigOrangeBeech

The thing that worries me about Shrout is throwing it to the other team.

10. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That’s every QB.

11. BigOrangeBeech

Yeah but more so with him. Didn't he throw more picks than TDs in high school?

12. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I believe so.

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I’d take him over whoever it was that got the late start last year.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pruitt is all in on Harrison Bailey for 2020 too

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  15. BigOrangeBeech

Must get

16. BigOrangeBeech

I think Maurer will get a shot too.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Maurer is our only shot at QB to win the east, beat GA and a shot at bama over next 3-4 years, imo.

18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I’m not seeing what you guys are seeing from his clips. While he may be good, I don’t see the raw natural ability that would make him factor in until several years down the line.

19. Ssmiff

Outside of 330/game passing, I like his 6ypc and ability to be an athlete and move. We wont win regularly and extend drives in this league with our schedule until 3rd and 4 can be picked up via QB legs and defense doesnt have to only defend a slant or pass to the flat.

20. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

You nailed that like a split hog

NYY likes this.