honest question about QBs...

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by here to lurk, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Start Chryst.

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I bet we do. I think JG might be more hurt than Pruitt is letting on.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's been beat to hell for two years on the run now. Wouldn't surprise me

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you are right.

1) initial reports were he was going to the locker room for a "collar bone issue." And now they are talking about his ribs not being broken, just bruised. Weird.

2) he was never going back into the game, he was just refusing to give up his helmet while in the tent and then when next to Pruitt, presumably trying to lobby his way back in. But there was no debate or real conversation. I'm guessing because he wasn't medically cleared.

I think he did fracture his collar bone when the mask of that helmet hit him right at the top of the chest area, or received some other injury to his upper chest.

5. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Also possible that they let him stay hurt for a while so he doesn't look like, or feel like, he lost the spot. Especially with issues like bruised ribs and collar bones, hurt can mean what the staff wants it to mean.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

JG can rest up and get ready for next season.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

When will we know if he practiced?

8. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Practice reports are on Wednesdays?

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He has bruised ribs but no breaks. My guess is he practices very little this week and is likely out for USC.

10. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Chryst looked real comfortable more often than JG. Its hard not to really like JG though, but I do want to see what Chryst can do against a team that is not Alabama.

A-Smith and NYY like this.
  11. here to lurk

here to lurk Hidden Member

thanks to everyone for the responses. I think we all like JG for is toughness, but as someone who has ( i admit) only watched casually the last few years JG does not seem to be the guy. But since Chryst won't be here for the future it might be a tougher call

justingroves likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m afraid Chryst would be like that guy on the bench on your baseball team that kills it as a pinch hitter and spot starter but if you stick him in there for the long haul you get diminishing returns

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Then it’s time for him to start getting his “spot starts”.

14. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

JG practicing on Tues and Wed.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Bruised ribs will be hard to play with and be effective. Especially if he takes any hits at all.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

And we all know he will cause he can't read protections. He needs to take a game off.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

100%. I would think the staff will have him sit this game unless we need him to spark the team.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Where is he in this pic? Don't doubt he practiced, but I just don't see him.

Also, I agree with IP's assessment that he's too hurt to play on Saturday, and that this is 100% to prevent USC from knowing that it'll be Chryst on Saturday.

NVM - It's a video. My bad.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It also needs to be mentioned that maintaining the chance of JG starting does actually affect the amount of preparation Muschamp has to fit in this week.

20. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Does our offense change drastically with Chryst as opposed to Guarantano? Seems that a change in QBs wouldn't have a major affect on SC's defensive gameplan.