Hooker well positioned for the Heisman with the Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 6, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hooker is on the Heisman radar now. Often seen as about a top 5 QB. Considering a bye, he is competitive stat-wise with everybody and already has 2 Top 25 wins.

Win in Death Valley and show out against Bama? Another opportunity against UGA?

It's there. With success, it is right there. When is the last time this was the case for a Tennessee player? Manning?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Manning. I am sure Martin got some talk, just because he was QB on an undefeated team, but Manning was the last legit Heisman candidate.

Edit: Martin wasn't even too ten in Heisman voting. So not even Martin.

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

LSU, Bama, and Georgia are the type of high-profile opponents that can fast track him to New York, or instantly remove his name from the conversation.

He’ll certainly have the path and the platform.

Tar Volon likes this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Between Paul Hornung and Charles Woodson, I'm not holding my breath for Hooker winning Heisman.

I suspect he would have to beat bama, uga and osu to have an outside chance. And even then, they would find an excuse to give to Bower or somebody else.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

If he and Heup were in any other conference, he wouldn’t have to play v 1 and 2 and v 4 more top 25 teams

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

IMO JMO Tennessee would have to get to Atlanta for Hooker to get serious consideration.

A-Smith likes this.
  7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I feel like it’s Williams or the OSU qb to lose unless Bryce Young misses extended time. Both those 2 are going to put up big numbers and are media darling programs. Can’t afford to split votes with Bryce Young.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ohio State is gonna have to lose one or Stroud might as well engrave his name on the trophy now.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Just ask Peyton how hard it is to overcome the golden boy of a national title contending team at one of the historic big 10 programs.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And they will play 2 top 25 teams the whole season. We will play 4 in 5 weeks, including 2 on top 5. Horseshit.

11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Hooker is so under the radar. I just want him to get himself into a position to get paid. He really has been a gift. It’s so odd that Peyton, for me, has become less beloved than T-Rob, Tee and the Iceman. Didn’t say they were better just maybe better memories. I guess I will always believe Cornelius Bennett robbed T-Rob of a payday. I was a FR in 85 and that Auburn game was such a great event.

Unfortunately for Peyton, losing to UF and having high expectations impacts things.

If Hooker somehow managed to get to Atlanta it would be quite impressive. He seems like a great guy and how we got him in the first place is still a mystery.

12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

And blowing it any time there was a modicum of pressure.

Joseph Brant, justingroves and IP like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Peyton can get [uck fay]ed with his Schiano supporting, jinx every event he attends, losing every game to Florida, barely winning a single SEC Championship while being considered the GOAT, losing to Memphis State, big forehead having ass.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    InVolNerable likes this.
  14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I try to remember him as a player and during those years. There were some highs but some lows that sting. I remember thinking Tee wasn’t that great early on. Then a friend of mine and I talked about his cold eyes. He didn’t get rattled. He just freaking played. And that really hooked me. But T-Rob will always have that mystique for me. You can quote stats and measurables all day. But Tony Robinson will be my fav (not the best, my fav) until someone else changes my mind. Almost 40 years later no one has.

justingroves likes this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Randy Moss was robbed

InVolNerable likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

Yeah, and we think Johnny should have won instead of Hornung, but there was this RB I'm Syracuse that really got hosed.

Unimane and justingroves like this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Imo being highly strung both made him great and was his downfall. Eli was just as physically talented but was wired differently.

18. NorrisAlan

People always forget what Manning did against Alabama, too.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon and ole_orange like this.
  19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He still left college football as the winningest starting QB in the history of the entire sport up until that point. A record held by him until David Greene surpassed his career win total as a starting QB at Georgia in 2003. Not entirely his fault Chavis defenses were giving up 40-60 points a pop to Florida in his era.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Peyton won a singular SEC title in 3-1/2 years starting. That says a lot about Fulmer, Spurrier and him.