Hooker well positioned for the Heisman with the Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 6, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I get worked up because someone like Hooker 100% deserves the award and, I assume, would place immense value on winning it. If he came out and said he didn't give a shit about it, then I'd take the same stance. I won't give a shit about it again until Tennessee has another deserving candidate.

thagodfather likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Sure, he had an amazing season and that deserves to
    be recognized. Had he not been named to the ALL SEC first team or SEC Offensive POY, that would have been a travesty and worthy of outrage.

But the Hypseman, specifically, is a [uck fay]ing joke. And has been a [uck fay]ing joke for 2 decades.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don't really care about him winning it. It's the fact that he's been out of the running from the moment his ACL snapped that bothers me.

Not one player on the list had a solidifying "he's the guy" moment since Hooker got injured, and, in fact, a number of them had "he's not the guy" moments, yet remain listed. Blake Corum got injured the same [uck fay]ing week as Hooker, and his team went on to beat #2 Ohio State the following week without him, with his back up running for *checks notes* TWO HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN [uck fay]ING YARDS. It's the equivalent of Hooker going down the week before UGA and Milton coming in and throwing for 500 yards and 6 TD's.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Hooker doesn’t get an invite but Stetson Bennett does. What a [uck fay]ing farce.

5. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Ya I don't understand that

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Huh. The Heisman Trophy is a fraud? You don’t say

7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It’s amazing how much was undone by that SoCar loss. I don’t know if we will ever know exactly what happened with Banks, but we lost a playoff spot and Hooker at least being a finalist. It’s right there with the 2001 SEC Champ loss as far as costly. The fact that Hooker was injured might even make it more so.

I sincerely hope Heupel finds a way to humiliate them every year going forward.

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Bennett isn't even the best player Georgia's offense...lmao

justingroves likes this.
  9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Bennett didn't get 1st or 2nd team all SEC but is a Heisman finalist. Can't make this shit up.:D

Indy, CitrusCo.Vol, Poppa T and 3 others like this.
  10. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I hate it for Hooker because even if it’s a bullshit award kids grow up dreaming of being on that stage and he deserves to be there.

That being said, I hope at some point Danny White or somebody on campus realizes Tennessee needs to lean all the damn way into playing the heel.

Memtownvol and warhammer like this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hooker has 20 pt higher qbr, more tds and fewer ints and more rushing yards

Indy and warhammer like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hooker has 15 passing and 2 rushing tds vs ranked teams
    Stroud has 5 total.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is no reason to play a p5 team in the OOC going forward. None.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

8th maxim favorite Wes Rucker makes a good point

15. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This is exactly the truth and the reason is not so much because of Peyton not winning but because of how ABC/ESPN exposed themselves and devalued the award in the process. Most of us here remember it clearly but those who don't need only to go back and watch how ALL of their programming became shameless shilling for Michigan, Brian Griese, and ultimately Charles Woodson.

Poppa T and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You shouldn't have to politick for an award that should be won on merit. It's a total joke of an award and has been for a long time.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Even when you know it's gonna happen, it's still infuriating.

Hard to imagine people who cover this sport professionally can say there were 4 better players than Hooker this season. Bonkers.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree, so much. That it requires a media campaign is evidence the whole thing is just populist bullshit.

VOLinDAWGland and zehr27 like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

No attention span. Goldfish brains.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Zero.