Hooker well positioned for the Heisman with the Schedule

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I said this exact thing in one of these threads.

A-Smith likes this.
  2. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah but you say a lot of things so not all of it gets read.

utvol0427 likes this.
  3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And I don't think Tennessee fans are unreasonable like they like to paint us. We are genuinely getting screwed. No one burned any bedding when Heath Shuler didn't win the Heisman.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A fair portion of the board has me on ignore as well, if they can be taken at their word. So most things I say probably don’t get read.

Oh well.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But we don't just take what's fed to us by the shills in the MidWest like good little boys and girls. I honestly don't understand the dislike UT has in the minds of a lot of people in the world, I just don't get it. Did we not have the first black QB in the SEC? Did we not hire the fire black basketball coach in the SEC? Don't we seem hospitable when people come here to games?

This is why I am all for going Full Heel and just giving these yocals what they expect.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I only have one person ignored here. I don't think the person posts much anymore, but he always just re-stated what other people said and it got tiresome.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Doesn't matter. They just point and laugh at the worst of us and paint us all under the same brush. I'd say lean into the heel like others have mentioned before, but you have to win and win a lot to do that.

8. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's not just the Midwest. NO ONE likes Tennessee. No one. And we chose the absolute worst time to become a national joke, right as 24/7 sports coverage was peaking and vox populi sports coverage was taking off. The college football world is dominated by shit talk and it became so easy and accessible to talk shit about Tennessee for a whole decade. And we have no one to blame but ourselves, namely our awful administrators. Thankfully we found some good people for once, but we gotta keep moving forward for 5-10 years before those wounds close, and can't be salted by whoever.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It doesn't help when you look at the conference's shill network, and pretty much every shill is for another team or the Dale Earnhardt look a like contest winner.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The fact they gave Saban and Alabama the national platform to [itch bay] and moan and then sent Marty 2 Straws down to Tuscaloosa for the reveal show kind of tells us where things are

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I threw up in my mouth, reading this.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Agreeing with Wes Rucker is the worst thing you've ever done

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He was praising the girl that sang the national anthem at the bball game the other night on Twitter and I just about asked him if he actually stood for it this time.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

With all due respect, I once sat in Sab’s car and drank PBR with him.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

TMI

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I believe his point still stands.

justingroves likes this.
  17. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

For what it’s worth, if it were me I’d stop trying to lean into this or play it off as a joke. Pretty cringeworthy.

IP likes this.
  18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Were there cookies?

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Steel Reserve