Hopson signs with Cavs

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by cotton, Mar 11, 2014.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Scotty Hopson to ink NBA deal?

Awaiting final confirmation, but a little bird just told me Scotty is en route to Cleveland to sign a 2yr deal with the Cavs.

After being named POY in Israel last season, he has been playing in Turkey.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good for him.

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They should be able to get LeBron back now.

4. dknash

dknash Chieftain

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Didn't realize the Cavs were dropping to the D-league. Best of luck to them.

6. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Actually, I think this might be fulfillment of prophecy. BBB.

7. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Told y'all. Smd.

8. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

He's doing McRae a favor by opening a roster spot in Turkey for him.

9. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Perfect

10. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

If Hopson gets onto an NBA court, I trust a man as honorable as yourself will have no issues acknowledging his erroneous predictions.

11. hatvol96

For the roughly one month it will be erroneous, absolutely. Then, I'll go back to laughing at the people who think he can actually contribute in the NBA and he'll go back to some Eastern European shithole.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  12. hatvol96

This is certainly the kind of move that will persuade Kyrie Irving to stick around.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

guy has always had the talent and body to play in the NBA. If he could be kicked into making his head work, he could play. We'll see.

14. hatvol96

He's not a good enough shooter to be a catch and shoot 3 pt. guy and he can't handle the ball. That equation doesn't work in the Association. If the Spurs or Thunder were looking to sign him, I'd reconsider my position.

15. hatvol96

I wish him the best. Won't bother me at all if he proves me wrong and has a long run in the league. I just go back to what I usually do when evaluating a player's NBA prospects. Tell me someone in the league who has had success that the player is comparable to. If there's not one, the guy won't ultimately make it. I see nobody in the league with Hopson's skill set doing anything in the league right now.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

the handle is the thing, i mean you knew that guy was going to dribble it off his foot on a 3-on-1 break. unless he's gotten a lot better across the pond it's hard to see him being very successful

17. kidbourbon

'
    Fair enough.

18. kidbourbon

A good handle is muscle memory.* It can be improved, even at that stage in his career. Being a unassertive vag, is more on the nature, as opposed to nurture, end of the spectrum. And I always thought his vaginitis was a bigger issue than his handle.

*Unless one just lacks decent hand-eye coordination. But I don't think this is the case with Hopson.

19. hatvol96

Again, don't get me wrong. I hope he stays a long time. I just never saw anything out of him from either a talent or an attitude standpoint that indicated that he's an NBA player.

20. hatvol96

Plenty of guys put in copious work on things like ball handling and free throw shooting and never get any better. At some point, a player is what they are going to be. After three years of college and three years in Europe, Hopson is likely at that point.