Horror story out of Michigan St

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Jan 19, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's probably right

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Nasser didn't actually have sex with his victims, right?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bill Clinton says no

TennTradition likes this.
  4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No, I don’t think so, but he molested them under the guise of legitimate medical procedures.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Powerful stuff

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/n...players-raped-woman/33686487/?from=new-cookie

Burn it down....

“Three Michigan State University basketball players took turns raping an aspiring female sports journalist and when she told university employees, they discouraged her from going to police, according to a federal lawsuit filed Monday.”

“The week after the alleged assault, the woman went to MSU’s Counseling Center and disclosed the incident to a staff member, the suit says. When she told the employee that the rape involved members of the basketball team, another person was brought into the room and they told the victim she could file a police report but cautioned her about the consequences of doing so, according to the complaint.”

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good grief. How much worse can this get?

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't see anything wrong with telling someone that filing a report is going to lead to a media shit show. Obviously that could be a way to attempt to coerce a person not to report, but as long as the person says, "I'll fully support your decision but be aware what you filing report will mean for you" I don't have a problem with it. Doesn't appear that's the case here, but a lot of times people get drug through the mud for simply informing a person of the incoming shit show should they choose to proceed.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I agree with what you're saying

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I understand

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I feel like MSU had far more compelling evidence at hand then penn state did. Both places should burn though

IP likes this.
  12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Baylor
    Penn St
    MSU

All three should have been removed from the NCAA, imho. Let them petition to re-enter the NCAA at some point, but damn.

utvol0427 likes this.
  13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Welp....

https://apnews.com/93b6b3b899e74666ac12dfe4c074d762

CHICAGO (AP) — Michigan State University, already reeling from the scandal involving a gymnastics doctor who molested young athletes, has maintained ties to a prominent volleyball coach for decades after he was publicly accused in 1995 of sexually abusing and raping six underage girls he trained in the 1980s.

Letters obtained by The Associated Press from advocates for the accusers reveal the school has been under pressure for at least a year to sever its relationship with Rick Butler. He runs training facilities in suburban Chicago that for decades have been a pipeline for top volleyball recruits, including Michigan State. MSU also held exhibition games for successive years at his facilities, at least through 2014, according to online records.

Butler’s accusers say Butler threatened to use his national influence to thwart their college prospects if they didn’t accept his advances

14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Honestly.

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Un-[uck fay]ing-believable

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

In fairness, pretty much every major volleyball program in the country has kept ties with Butler because of the recruits he produces. That being said, from purely a pr standpoint, wtf MSU?

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Death penalty

18. Tenacious D

If it’s ever handed down, again, this will be it.

Worst, the Big 10 will be desperate to at least try to save them from it, but even the attempt will make them look like pedophilic enablers....and the people in State College will go apoplectic, either way.

Absolutely start over.

utvol0427 likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

If there’s anything worth your entire institution, it’s not volleyball.

utvol0427 likes this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

$500M settlement with 332 victims.