How do we match-up with Michigan?

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by utvol0427, Mar 23, 2014.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

There's reasons to not be sold on everybody left. I'm glad nobody is asking me to predict a winner.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not expecting to see the number drop. Just hoping they'll make more of them. Seems possible if Michigan is as poor defensively as people say.

3. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

That's actually encouraging. That averages to 19 shots per game with only 13 points being added to the scoreboard. Our average for the remainder of the season was 33.57%. We'll just say one out of three for simplicity. If we shoot at that rate in the games going forward -- which is more likely than shooting at or around 22.8% -- we can shoot just 15 treys a game and have more to show for it on the scoreboard.

And 19 treys attempted a game isn't really a high amount. If we can make them at our usual clip, I'm totally okay with jacking up 20 a game. Michigan will probably jack up 30 on us....but they might make half of those. That's what I fear the most.

4. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

I just wanna say.....**** Michigan. **** Ann Arbor, **** East Lansing, **** Detroit, **** 8 Mile and Eminem, **** the Lions and Matt Stafford, **** Scotty Bowman and the Red Wings, **** Verlander and the Tigers. **** the whole state.

Go Vols.

5. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

Funk Michigan as a school, a State, and as a muh focking team. And if you wanna be down with Mich, funk you and Beilein

6. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Muck Fichigan. Ann Arbor is a whore, IMO.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kid rock blows too

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And **** Nickelback too

10. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

We let them go back door.

13. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Insert NYY joke here

Insert NYY here

14. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Balls deep?

15. woodshed

woodshed Active Member

If we can defend the guards, the Vols have a shot. I just hope my Vols can shoot well in that dome. I have seen it happen before.

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Takes too many pills and it's hard for him to hang out in crowds - only God knows why.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We're 48 hours out and I'm starting to get skeptical.

Michigan shoots the three well, and our defense of it....well.

Beilein is a great coach and will have plenty of time to put a plan together to shut down our inside game.

At some point we're going to draw some refs that won't let Stokes be a beast inside.

I don't see us sitting Maymon and playing Moore at the 4 enough for defensive purposes.

We're becoming too sexy of a pick. I don't like it. Michigan is a better team and I just don't like them being told they will lose.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don't know that we are becoming the pick, they are favored and everything I am hearing is about Stauskas

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We're not the pick, just enough are starting to like us too much IMO.

I have also stared at Excel 30+ hours already this week and am suffering from lack of sleep, so it may also be wise to not mind me.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The Canadian is a guy that's easy to hate