How I Met Your Mother

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Dec 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This and Modern Family are the only two shows I watch any type of regular basis. I enjoy it's corniness, references to the 80s, random things they do that me and my friends did or should have done, and that occasionally something on there is so funny I double over laughing. It's gone down in overall quality over time as all shows do, but it's still a must-watch each week.

All that said, I thought the episode last night was one of the most creative sitcom plot lines I've ever seen.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The league is worth a watch too

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

My roommate has watched How I met your Mother since the beginning, and he introduced me to it last year. It's really the only TV show I watch. He wrote on my facebook last night that if I didn't watch yesterday's episode, I need to because it was "phenomenal." It's a really good show though.

We also have a running joke in our house about the end of the world in a few days and my roommate not getting to find out who Ted marries. After all these years of waiting, that would be pretty funny.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Only show in the last 20 years that has me watching it is Burn Notice.

The last 2 seasons (5th and 6th) have lost a bit of quality, but like Card said, that happens. The first three seasons, however, was the best television I have seen.

5. CardinalVol

Last night's episode was easily the best one in three seasons.

6. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

I've heard breaking bad is an excellent tv show. Gonna start watching it on Netflix.

7. WM

WM Active Member

HIMYM should have ended about two years ago, that being said last night's episode was just perfectly done with all the buildup.

Waiting patiently on Justified and GoT to come back.

8. CardinalVol

There's either 10 episodes or 1 season and 10 episodes left.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

The first few seasons are great. After that I'm not a huge fan (though many strongly disagree). Sons of Anarchy is a great netflix one too.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Modern Family and Parks and Rec are the two I watch most every week

11. Tex_Volfan.

Tex_Volfan. Only Mod Approved Posts

Big fan of Justified!

12. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Season 2 finale was going to be hard to beat. I still haven't missed an episode but, yes, the quality has diminished especially in 5 and 6 like you mentioned. Looks like they've added a new "player" in the game with the card left at Nate's grave. We'll see. The three episodes with the freaking smuggler were hard to watch. I was tired of his schtick after 5 minutes.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Huh. Apparently I've missed the last two weeks. Every other show I watch has gone on Christmas hiatus, and I got so caught up with finals and such that I didn't realize HIMYM was still on. I do think that season eight in general has been a huge improvement over season seven, which was a disaster.

14. CardinalVol

Go online, catch up, and watch last night's episode.

15. Tar Volon

I actually have a pretty decent TV rotation these days:

*HIMYM
    *Castle
    *Fringe
    *Once Upon a Time
    *White Collar (currently out of season)
    *Dexter (just finished season)
    *Sherlock (currently out of season)

I've been told I should watch Game of Thrones, but I've also been told I might be disappointed because it doesn't stand up to the books.

16. Tar Volon

I should have them recorded, but I have 3 dehumidifers and 14 dryers in my living room right now, so I might need to go online anyways.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

The recent seasons have some really dull episodes and some incredibly awesome ones.

18. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I just kind of thought it got kind of ridiculous.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Watchng now. This episode is pretty damn good.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm making prediction. Robin just got angry and said the top of that building was her favorit spot in the city. the relationship between Patrice and Barney has been a set up. He picked that spot because he knew it was Robin's favorite place in the city, so she is gonna show up and heis going to propose to her. Barney is a boss.