How long does it take to recover?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Feb 26, 2021.

?

How long does it take to become relevant?

1. 3 years or less

16.7%
  2. 4 to 6 years

19.4%
  3. 7 to 10 years

8.3%
  4. 11 or more years

5.6%
  5. LOL, yeah right, we're the new Ole Miss

50.0%
  1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I just want to not lose to the dregs of the conference for the next 3-4 years. It's not going to happen, but if we got the floor of our conference record to 4-4 even if the ceiling is 5-3, people will come back and so will recruits.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I measure success by the SEC record. For me 5-3 is not success, it is expected. If we can't beat our conference competition, all the rest is BS.

When we are on the schedule for an SEC West team, they count that as a W. Saying we are Ole Miss is probably being kind.

<sigh>

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

5-3 next season would absolutely be a success. There has to be context

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

My man, this is just not reality in 2021. It is not.

ptclaus98 and Tar Volon like this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We had people two months ago saying we were looking at 3-9 this season. 7-5 this year is a win, even with the crappiest schedule we’ve had in years.

Memtownvol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  6. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Prepare to be disappointed

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I won't be happy until 5-3 is the norm in the SEC. It's probably why I don't care near as much as I once did

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Age and kids are a factor too. I stopped watching a lot of Saturdays years ago due to kid stuff and stopped getting as excited or mad at the outcome

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

We wouldn't be happy with that as the norm, not for terribly long anyway.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, but it's the floor for happiness from me.

Poppa T and warhammer like this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It would be nice to kick UGA back down to middle tier and only worry about two games every year. Florida or bammer would be even better, but UGA needs to be returned to needing a once in a generation player to achieve anything more than mediocrity.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s like a hill that needs to be climbed on the way to where we’d like to be

Tar Volon, Poppa T and warhammer like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

As hard as it is to rise, when you are in a talent bed like Georgia it can be hard to really fall off. The roots of their current success are in having a nice run against Tennessee in the 2000's. They were a sleeping giant in the 90's.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I did not mean to insinuate that we would go SEC 5-3 next year.

I just meant that SEC wins/losses is my measurement. Has been since Battle. All the other stuff is BS.

Now, losing to the likes of the GA States in Neyland and Vandy/Kentucky on any field is a whole nuther level of suck.

Until we start consistently meeting that minimum SEC bar and then start exceeding it, we will remain a 2nd tier (at best) member of the SEC.

We are no better than the delusional [ock cay] fans I pass driving over the mountain, the drunk Ole Miss fans in The Grove pretending they have arrived or Kentucky claiming they do football.

I have no idea whether or not the Heupel Era will get us there. I'm still trying to decide if I will proffer my donation and season tix money. I have until 3/15. The Dooley, Jones, Pruitt years have taken their toll on this Vol Geezer.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

How much do donation and season tix cost these days?

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

They were a sleeping giant basically forever before Richt, aside from from installing the "hand it to Hershal" offense in the 80s. They are one bad AD away from returning to it.

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

$500/seat donation. ~$500/ticket.
    Ticket cost vary, but $500 is a good budget #.

You can get seats without donation, i.e., Upper Deck (QQ, etc), South end zone.

I've had tix so long, I'm in top 15% of rank, even though I'm not a big money donor.

We started with 4 seats under the 'O' before jumbotron. No donation. Moved to real chairs/under cover when North opened. Section YY9.

Used to be a lot of Letterman up there. The donation is waived for Letterman.

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It's hard to let go. I'm torn. It was fun taking kids/grandkids. But grandkids, especially the older ones, have only seen a losing program. It hurts.

19. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

They used to ask me if I was gonna take them to a game. And I would have to plan it out, so all 5 would get a game. Now I can't get anybody to go.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Another option re: season tix cost.

AllVols.com. Season tickets start as low as $300, with the Vol Pass and payment plan options offered.