How long does it take to recover?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Feb 26, 2021.

?

How long does it take to become relevant?

1. 3 years or less

16.7%
  2. 4 to 6 years

19.4%
  3. 7 to 10 years

8.3%
  4. 11 or more years

5.6%
  5. LOL, yeah right, we're the new Ole Miss

50.0%
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A guy that's got a national championship ring has a little bit more equity than a guy that's lost more every year as a head coach

zehr27 likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has enough talent to win 7 games this year. Pruit was an idiot, started Guarantano the majority of the year and had 3 sec wins last season. No one should tote water for Heupel, he needs to be bowl eligible.

3. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

I don’t think heupel is going to win anything of note on the hill. That being said, do you really think there is enough talent to win 7 this year? The defense has been decimated by departures and it was thin by sec standards to begin with. There is enough talent on offense to work with, but I’m not confident we can field a two deep defense at the moment

4. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

True, both are needed. But the desire to be excellent comes first, has to.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got enough talent on offense to outscore BGSU, Pitt, TN Tech, South Carolina, South Alabama and Vanderbilt.

Split UK and Mizzou, there's your 7 and not a single impressive win.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm expecting a lot of 50 to 30 games

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Which means they will also be 5 1/2 hours long. I am not looking forward to it, it is one of my least favorite styles of football play, like basketball on grass.

justingroves likes this.
  8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

It’s not great but it beats Pruitt’s strategy of actively trying not to move the ball.

MaconVol and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I cant describe how excited I am knowing I won't have to watch JG anymore. That was 3 years of dread from spring to fall and dread of games Saturday knowing it would be groundhog day again. Srsly, Pruitt may have an IQ that qualifies him for govt help as far as his JG decision and dropping our pass rush DE 30 yards deep into coverage.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I feel bad, but I too am just generally more hopeful with the JG known factor no longer being there.

justingroves likes this.
  11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont feel bad in the least. He ruined my Saturdays the last 3 years and made my 13 year old start cussing

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and utvol0427 like this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If anybody was to get a year zero it's Coach Heupel.

13. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He was a Bama plant.

14. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

60 days…….a new chapter. How will it unfold?

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Volokie likes this.
  16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We could honestly win eight games without a single win that catches eyes nationally.

We could also lose eight games without any losses that seem especially bad.

We should beat South Carolina, will probably be a narrow favorite against Pitt, and it’s hard for me to not feel like we’ve got a shot against Kentucky and Missouri with how those series have gone historically, but we’re not really good enough to be that confident in six wins as a baseline.

Big question is whether improved coaching (especially on offense, but I think the defensive coaching fell off a cliff last year relative to 2018-19) will be a bigger factor than the talent exodus. I think it probably will be, and I’m optimistic about 6-7 wins, but it’s far from a sure thing.

Anyways I had a dream last night that we swapped out Bowling Green for Virginia Tech in our opener and lost 41-10 so my subconscious is at least in tune with proper Tennessee expectations.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

I couldn't tell you why, but defensive execution definitely was in the shitter all year last year. Perhaps depending on super stars to do too much, I don't know.

Tar Volon likes this.
  18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

8 wins would be COTY material.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That's definitely a problem when there aren't any

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

To'oTo'o?