How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I agree. I absolutely love real cane sorghum. We always have a jar in the house.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I can see that.

We did not have the fancy cast iron "pone" mold. So Mom would make the "pones" by hand. For us "pones" were fatter than the "hoe cake" discs. About the size and thickness of a cupped hand.

justingroves likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Interesring. I bet that’s what was originally called a pone and it just got ported over as people began cooking in round cast iron skillet. Similar thickness.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I need to talk to my Mom and get the subtle recipe variations between corn pone, hoe cakes, cornbread. Each had a little texture, taste difference (none of them had sugar).

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Eh, my logic completely bears that out.

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I also really like A1, but if I use it with steak, it's not really a good steak. I will often ask for it if I go low brow and order fries with my steak, or just in case.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Honestly last couple of steaks I’ve done I put some olive oil and salt and pepper on before and that’s all they needed. Sometimes I use italian dressing or famous Dave’s steak and burger seasoning

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

When I defended my thesis, my parents came into town. We went to a nice French restaurant - not tasting menu nice, but bistro nice - to celebrate the night of my defense. They had a really good steak frites and that’s what my dad ordered. He asked them to bring A1 with it (of course, if you know him). The waiter kindly said he’d check to see if they had that - probably knowing they didn’t. He came back and apologized, but then surprised me. He said he talked to the chef and the chef would be happy to make him his best try at A1. So it comes out and the chef happens along behind them excited to give him his A1. He waits for dad to cut into it. Dad takes the first bite bp sauce. Tells him it’s a good steak. Then takes the next bite with the sauce. Looks at the chef amd says “that’s pretty good - but you should add a little more horseradish next time”. Haha. I guess you’d have to know him and how country he is - but it took all I had to hold it together.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm sorry

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've done similar, usually with avocado oil. If it's a good cut of meat and you cook it well, that's really all you need.

justingroves likes this.
  11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like a little Worcestershire sauce, more out of habit than actually tasting it, salt, pepper and butter.

My wife likes horseradish crust on filets, so I've experimented with that too

warhammer likes this.
  12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

If a steak is cooked properly (medium rare) it needs nothing else other than some dry seasonings. Usually I put salt, pepper and garlic on as a base rub then little crunchier Chicago Steak or something to give it a good crust. I do baste in butter too.

VOLinDAWGland and justingroves like this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m sorry too

SetVol13 likes this.
  14. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

this is amazing.

TennTradition likes this.
  15. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

Sorry but I’m busy next time your going to your dads house with a bag of meat!!

Sent from Not in my Home State using the new old Atari

16. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

I quit using oil, I use Redmond’s real salt, nicely coating the steak and then add cracked pepper to do the edges, I use two nice pats of Kerry Gold butter in my iron skillet, on medium, oven on 450 crust the steak for about 3-4 minutes on each side and the ends, stick into the oven for 4-5 minutes and then add more butter when you bring it out, plate it let it rest and add another pat of butter to keep it moist then add fresh cracked pepper, you will throw away all your sauces and never ever go back!!

17. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

Steak Frites, lots of good butter,salt and pepper

18. tn_longrifles

tn_longrifles Member

I made steaks yesterday. The process. Put steak in ziplock bag. Add soy until it is half way up they steak. Then add wine until steak is covered. Dust with Cavenders greek seasoning. Marinate for at least one hr. [You can then fry, bake or grill the steak if you like and skip the next step.] I then place the ziplock bag in a pot of water and insert my Sous Vide wand. I set it for 2hrs @ 130F . I then sear the outside and serve. We has soy sauce and butter sauted mushrooms with baby red potatoes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interested to hear more about this Sous Vide wand because I bought my wife one of those Hibachi wands and she seems to enjoy it.

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

[​IMG]

utvol0427 likes this.