How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I use cavenders often as well and do the marinade in ziploc deal with worc sauce after cavenders

tn_longrifles likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

A1 is disgusting and Heinz 57 is even worse.

Dale’s is hands down the worst marinade ever invented. Just get a salt lick.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Butter, worcestershire and a Greek dry rub. Cook on charcoal.

Pull off 7-5 degrees below medium rare and rest it up to medium rare.

Then I serve everyone.

And for me, I put a half dollar or so amount of Heinz 57 on my plate, and dip my steak in it, because I still eat like I did when I was 8.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Not food related, but this a nice thing to hear about our AD.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, Harper appears to be better than her predecessor.

warhammer likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Not too hard, but she does look like the answer for the program. You will never find another Summitt, but they should have success on a high level.

warhammer likes this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

From the standpoint of what she meant to the game as a whole and especially the UTLV program, yeah... I agree there will never be another Summitt, but as far as win and loss success on the court? No reason NOT to expect that another coach could come in and equal, if not surpass what Summitt did. Alabama folks thought they’d never find another Bryant, but Saban has smoked what Bryant did.

10. Unimane

Surpass eight national titles? I don't think that's on the drawing board for anyone. And, had she not gotten sick, Summitt likely would've had more. She was just a uniquely great coach. I'll settle for half as good as Summitt and we'll be in great shape.

11. Savage Orange

I would too, but it seems like no matter how big a legend may be, eventually they are surpassed. Ruth, Aaron, Montana, Unitas... the list goes on.
    That said, I really like Harper and I hope she can be the one to get the LV’s back to that stratosphere of competitiveness. Last night was a big step in that direction. Even the loss to UConn was respectable in that they didn’t get run out of TBA... if not for turncoat Westbrook, we probably should have even won that game.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I was a big fan of hers as a player, but I was probably more pessimistic about Coach Harper. That said, I’ve been impressed with her so far. Remember, they were stuck in Texas this week so I doubt they had as much time to prep as they would have liked AND they were down 16 at halftime. Knocking off South Carolina is big deal for those two reasons alone.

The floor for the Lady Vols should be the Sweet 16. I think she can consistently get her team there, and at that point it’s about running into the right matchups, which isn’t overly difficult if you’re in that position every year.

I admittedly don’t know anything about her recruiting prowess, as it’s not something I follow closely, or at all, but you start making the final 16/8 every year and attracting top talent to be a Lady Vol will be easy.

13. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Last night, the color commentator suggested that Tennessee intentionally foul with an 8 point lead and 30 seconds left, in order to prevent South Carolina from shooting a three. I'm positive I heard this.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Can confirm, I also heard this.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't understand how that would ever make sense. Even if they had like a 70% 3 point shooter. And the lead was 4.

16. Unimane

Yes, this is true, they did. Because it makes great basketball sense to give them a chance to score within minimal amounts of time.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I love it when the announcers get all crazy about time, like it’s first and goal at the 2 with 1:24 left and they’re like HURRY UP CALL A TIMEOUT YOU’RE WASTING TIME

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or the other way, when a football team is trailing by less than a score with less than 2 minutes left, cross the 50, and the announcers keep saying, "they're going too fast, they are leaving too much time for (opposing star QB)!" Like... They haven't scored yet. Maybe when it is 1st and goal you start thinking along those lines, but you can't be burning [uck fay]ing clock at the 50 yard line while trailing.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Savage Orange

And if you DO score... for Pete’s sake do NOT pooch kick the $#%!! ball!! That’s how you get “hobnail boot”ed....

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

We woulda mustang packaged them right down the field if we’d kicked the ball into the river imo

Savage Orange likes this.