How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Probably right... our only hope would have been a time honored “Georgia didn’t have enough time to run one more play” type scenario...

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Greatest AD in the country, Dr. Danny White, took another shot at the fans for no reason in an interview.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Don't care right now. Check back after a few football losses.

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Idk what he said, but maybe a lot of this is calculated.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

No, he's just an ass hole

Memtownvol and zehr27 like this.
  6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

What was said?

7. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

"One of the things I have noticed as a challenge, and I knew about it coming in, but it's probably a new challenge for me is some of the negativity of our fan base. I think some of that probably is bred from the fact that in a broad base way we are not asking them to be participants."

He sure is a condescending little shit. If he wins it doesn't matter, but why wouldn't you go for something more along the lines of "I want our fans to be excited, yada yada" instead of twisting their ear and treating them like children

8. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I would argue Tennessee fans are as positive of thinkers as any in the country, probably#1. That fans still care as much as they do is something the smug bastard can’t comprehend.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

He has a doctorate, you don't. So shut up.

Edit: this me saying this, not White

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    justingroves likes this.
  10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

OK he can eat shit for that.

zehr27 likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I get saying there’s negativity within the fan base but that should be expected with the product that’s been put on the field the last 10 years and I’m excited about fixing and giving them a product to be proud of at Tennessee.

that’s why White and Bobby Hill is here as his coach anything else sounds like [itch bay]ing.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Eh, reading the whole context it wasn’t as bad as that snippet

13. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

To me it literally made no sense in the context of the question. Talking about getting more donors/donations.

Also - when money is involved and you still put out a shit product, people are going to be more negative IMO, so what he said I don’t agree with.

14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Essentially said fans are negative, and the best way to make them less negative is to convince them to give us (the AD) more money.

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Dan can choke on my whole dong.

Savage Orange likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah it’s just the kind of thing those guys all say. I don’t much care one way or the other. Just get this crap fixed

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We have to be one of the most patient big time fan bases and for an AD to say the problem is we aren't giving them enough money so they can keep taking a dump on our dreams is out of touch to say the least.

justingroves likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It implies we are not spending enough, but a quick look at salaries and buyouts indicates... that's not it.

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

A huge part of his job is to always get more more more.

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Maybe, the best way to that isn't to go about saying "We have a miserable fanbase, and those sons of a [itch bay]es need to shut up and give us more money." Because clearly the reason Tennessee is a cluster[uck fay] is the lack of funds, due to these tightwad assholes making 50K/yr.