How long does White last as AD?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 29, 2021.

?

How long?

1. 2 years or less

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. 2 to 4 years

18 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. 4 to 7 years

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 7 years or more

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

In 2011

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This. Gus is the low mark on the yardstick by which I'm measuring Heupel's offensive prowess and ability to evolve.

Right now, Heupel has become flummoxed by defenses ability to fight his receivers at the line while maintaining two high safeties over the top. It will be interesting to see how he counters this moving forward. Adding on to that, I'm interested to see how his personnel groups evolve in the future. His recruiting makes you think that he sees the future of the offense being ran primarily from 122 and not as much of 113 that we've seen thus far.

3. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

As long as our receivers are elite there's only going to be a few teams with CBs who can do that. But Heupel needs to find a solution for those.

VolDad likes this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Solution is a better O line with a run game. He knows that.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We had one of our best rushing years ever from avg per game and tds. Also iir the only team in football to avg 300 thru air and 200 on the ground.
    Next year and after will not be as dominant so people better be ready.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our mobile QB really helped our rushing attack. We need next year's QB to do the same or our RB's will need to step it up a bit.

Tar Volon, TDVol1989 and Ssmiff like this.
  7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Definitely plan on taking somewhat of a step back next year. After that, I think we can start loading up an offensive talent advantage across most positions.

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Is Nico more or less mobile than Milton?

9. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The highlights I have seen he seems to be a little more likely to run when needed. Basically when the coverage is good. But he is looking to throw. And dude is skinny like Bray. 6’6 with a pretty strong arm. I hope he puts on a few pounds before he has to play.

10. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I watched a few highlights and couldn't really tell how fast he was due to his long strides. Milton seemed like a better runner to me based on what I saw. I am hopeful that Milton does keep his head up and looks downfield when running. As good as Hooker was, he really never did that.

11. Ssmiff

Nico a little shiftier but should be when maybe 70 lbs lighter.

12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

The run game wasn't always there when needed. Yards seemed to come in bunches. Would like to see us be able to grind out tough yards like Utah did to USC last night. Then when they have to commit more to the box we burn them through the air. Also I'd like to see more high percentage throws to backs swinging out and TEs sitting down in a zone.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Avg per game is irrelevant when you are intentionally increasing possessions. Yards per carry and td's rate are what translates to a comparable metric.

14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The offense isn't going to slow down too much, it will evolve with the personnel.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Khalifa Keith and Cam Seldon are the grinders.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Hooker was something. It’s going to be tough to top his numbers last 2 years. But we don’t have to be so great on O if D can step up

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

The running game wasn't dominant but was successful because of the threats through the air. I don't think that will be the case for the future simply because I don't see us as having to run our offense through the passing game.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hooker is great and a cool story but Heupel churns out 3k qbs and 1k receivers.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The system is pretty much plug and play. He’s put up big numbers everywhere he’s coached. Drew Lock had 44 TDs in one year at Mizzou with him as OC

SetVol13, justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea he made Drew freaking Lock a 1st Rounder. I have faith in JH continuing to pump out elite offenses